Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Band of Brothers

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
The original series of Das Boot was excellent (not the film)
Very atmospheric and thank god not in smell-o-vision.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Watch Band of Brothers on a 50" HD 1080p LG tv on BluRay with 1000watt surround sound-------fecking hell, you will think you are there during the battle scenes. I end up hiding behind the sofa!!! :whisky: :thumbsup:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Watch Band of Brothers on a 50" HD 1080p LG tv on BluRay with 1000watt surround sound-------fecking hell, you will think you are there during the battle scenes. I end up hiding behind the sofa!!! :whisky: :thumbsup:

50" is that all you've got looks even better on 70" panasonic on blue ray with 1500 watt surround sound

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I really enjoyed BoB, but if we're talking best TV series ever, I've gotta throw in The Wire.

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
Quite agree, probably the best made for TV mini series ever made. Gives a great insight into real soldier's lives. I thought The Pacific equally good and as it focused on a theatre of war we were not too familiar with it made it particularly interesting. Terrible loss of life for a number of totally unimportant islands. Easy after the event to see how futile war is, but if, like me, you have relatives still alive who fought in it, it is riveting.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I really enjoyed BoB, but if we're talking best TV series ever, I've gotta throw in The Wire.

I heard that.

The Wire is one of those rare series which I heard all the hype, arrived late, and was just blissfully NOT disappointed.

BoB is terrific. The Wire just about surpasses it.

Soprano's ? Not fit to lick the boots of either.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I saw BoB for the first time a few weeks ago. Thought it was brilliant but for me the greater depth given to the characters in The Pacific just edges it over BoB.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'll never forget the character of the shell-shocked soldier - I can't remember there being any poor acting in it. That in itself is a minor miracle.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Does anyone have the World at War Boxset? I remember as a kid sitting down at 6pm on a Sunday evening watching it on Ch4 - who could forget that iconic title sequence & music...haunting stuff. Definately a series that I'd love to see again. £100 for the set though might be pushing things!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I watched about 6 episodes, and was throughly disappointed by all of them. Especially the entire episode in Melbourne I think it was? That was terrible.

Dont know if you could say it was terrible, it just didnt have any battle action...remember this story was taken from books by the 2 main characters so other aspects of their war were bound to be looked at...and I think this episode more than made up for the lack of battle scenes with the girl Leckie was knocking off...bang tidy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here