Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Band/artist you've seen the most

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was thinking that too.

I don't know who I've seen the most: I saw Can six or seven times, and The Clash and Gang of Four a similar amount. But some events just blur into each other - I'm staggered that a) some people have seen acts 20 or 30 times and b) they know the exact number.

a) why are you staggered ? I have seen the Meteors nearly a 100 times ( see i dont know the exact number :p) However i really like them and like meeting old mates seeing the support acts and as someone mentioned the meteors headline nearly every big Psychobilly festival.So cut people some slack would you,theres far worse things to do in your spare time.
Ps i would watch them more if i could. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Saw Doctors probably 10 times

Joan Baez maybe 15 times :rolleyes:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
a) why are you staggered ? I have seen the Meteors nearly a 100 times ( see i dont know the exact number :p) However i really like them and like meeting old mates seeing the support acts and as someone mentioned the meteors headline nearly every big Psychobilly festival.So cut people some slack would you,theres far worse things to do in your spare time.
:thumbsup:

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
I went to Bad Manners 3 times around 1980. They were magic entertainment but I was thinking 3 times in 1 year was getting obsessive.
Now here's you lot clocking up 50+ times for 1 band.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I don't see why I have to cut people slack, I wasn't being critical of the fact that people went to see particular bands so many times, I just expressed surprise that people did.

I can't imagine liking any band enough to keep on seeing them. If I had a choice between two acts that I liked, one that I'd seen half a dozen times and annother that I'd never seen before, I'd generally plump for the new one. I lived in London for 20 years and saw a lot of bands in that time but didn't have too many repeat visits.

But that's me: I certainly wasn't knocking people who did it differently, it's just an attitude that's not part of my mindset.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Hawkwind 20+ (mostly in 80s)
REM 15+ starting in 1987
AC/DC 5
Motorhead at least 5
Black Sabbath at least 5
Pink Floyd 5+
Pogues 5+
Tool 3
Greenday 3
Muse 3
Guns n roses 3

Loads I can't remember.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
So cut people some slack would you,theres far worse things to do in your spare time.

chill out. I'm surprised people remember too. Not a crime to express that is it.

The band I probably saw the most was a band called Cardiacs. Maybe about 10 times but I can't remember.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I cannot BELIEVE that people count the number of times they've seen a band! Yeah, maybe remembering you've seen a band twice fair enough; ditto saying 'loads of times' because you like them and you've lost count. But saying stuff like "I've seen the Splodge Buckets 11 times" is, well, just a tad anal.

Like a lot of others I suppose the bands I've seen the most have been local (Piranhas, Nicky and the Dots, Woody and the Splinters etc from the old days, and latterly the Fish Brothers). I suppose discounting them and discounting bands where I know some of the members and thus get in free I suppose the person I've seen the most is Dave Edmunds.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I cannot BELIEVE that people count the number of times they've seen a band! Yeah, maybe remembering you've seen a band twice fair enough; ditto saying 'loads of times' because you like them and you've lost count. But saying stuff like "I've seen the Splodge Buckets 11 times" is, well, just a tad anal.

Like a lot of others I suppose the bands I've seen the most have been local (Piranhas, Nicky and the Dots, Woody and the Splinters etc from the old days, and latterly the Fish Brothers). I suppose discounting them and discounting bands where I know some of the members and thus get in free I suppose the person I've seen the most is Dave Edmunds.

I find 'loads of times' a bit limp. The real MEN on this thread have shown themselves with their exact counts, Excel spreadsheets and scrapbooks dating back from now to 1977.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The bands I have seen the most are the Saw Doctors and the Levellers. First saw the Levellers back in 1989 when they did 2 nights upstairs at the Richmond pub . We went as my mates sister was going out with Jon the fiddle player and invited us along - i knew nothing abouth them but loved it. I have seen then a few times every year since then but no idea how many times! The same with the Saw Doctors, first saw them in 1991.

The only band I know which gigs I have been to is U2 and I have seen them 25 times since 1985.

I am only sad enough to keep a record of football games and U2 gigs, not all gigs and no scrap books just my blog site!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Queen 7
Specials 7

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Rollins Band between 15 and 20 times
Beastie Boys 6 times
RHCP about 5 times
Flaming Lips 4 times
Giant Sand 4 times
Pearl Jam 3 times
Faith No More 3 times
Iron Maiden 4 times
Soundgarden 5 times
Sublime 2 times
Soulfly 2 times
AC/DC 2 times
Pixies 2 Times
A House 2 times
They Might Be Giants 3 times

And other bands a handul of times, these are the ones I remember

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If The Official Tribute to the Blues Brothers count it's them (three times).

If not, I think it might be someone like 911 or whatever acts were at the first two Southern FM party in the parks. (If I'm not remembering correctly, and there were no acts at both, then it is one viewing of The Lightning Seeds, Tenacious D, Here there Be Monsters, and every act at the first two Party in the Parks)

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
Saw Doctors x 37 (1992-2009)
The Pogues x 17 (1987-2009)
The Jam x 15 (1979-Last Ever Concert, Brighton December 1982)

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Iron Maiden x 17

Level 42 x 10

Metallica x 4

and...........Jason Donovan x 1 (birthay treat for the mrs honest:blush:)

mongoose

Jul 24, 2007
The Cure around 100 times including the whole of the prayer tour and Carter USM probably about 80 times but if you add Jim Bob and Fruitbat's side projects well over 100

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here