Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ban the use of the word Cookies

Large Biscuits not Cookies

• Large Biscuit as that is what they are.

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Cookies as I suck American cock regularly.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Les, are you on glue?

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
bandaid for a f***ing PLASTER is the worst

its like asking to put bob geldolf in a cut leg

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Ask an American if he would like a biscuit and he will expect something similar to a scone...don't know what they would call scones in that case...

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
"Cookie" is Dutch, from koekje, diminutive of koek, cake, from Middle Dutch koeke.

Its use in America is one of the few enduring traces, beyond place-names in New York, of the period of Dutch settlement in North America.

In this hemisphere, biscuits are, IMHO, a nasty baked good made mostly down South, and designed primarily for the conveyance of ham and gravy, or chicken-fried steak, directly to the lining of the cardiac arteries.

And you will be happy to learn, Gully, that my local supermarket makes a mean scone, sold under that name.

With butter and blueberry preserves, they're killah, as we say Up Heah in Maine. Although their name is pronounced to rhyme with 'stones', which I gather makes the Scots unhappy...but then most things do.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ask an American if he would like a biscuit and he will expect something similar to a scone...don't know what they would call scones in that case...

And if you ask him if fancies a fag, well.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here