Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Ban gangsta rap as offensive to many people ?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Yep, that is me on my alto, playing with my band Hawkstone, I play clarinet and am vocals as well.
I know of and have listened to many players over the years, but not really a fan of these crossovers to try and make it more acceptable.
I would accept it more as spoken verse to a backing track, which is usually written by someone else.
'Poetry' rather than music.

Fair enough if you're not a fan but to say it's not music is just a bit silly.

What kind of music do your band play btw?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think what's interesting is that, coming from a liberal lefty type like me, I often see, or perceive, that it's the other side doing much of the shouting and goading. Seems both sides of any argument will see it that way ie of being the voice of reason in the face of waves of unrelenting antagonism.

It's partly why I never really bother to debate. I'm not going to change anyone's mind unless I mine some golden vein of persuasive argument, so why bother? All that'll happen is some internet shouting and then me slinking off to talk to my similar minded friends about an argument I "won". Nobody wins really.

But as we're on the subject of "gangsta" rap, I'll drop this in, powerful words from, by his own admission, a "thug"

It's a great tune. Although the prediction of his own death is always a bit chilling now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair enough if you're not a fan but to say it's not music is just a bit silly.

What kind of music do your band play btw?

My dad used to say that in the early 70s :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
"There are only two types of music, good music and bad music. And I try to play the good stuff."

Always attributed to Louis Armstrong but I think Duke Ellington might have said it first.

It's still true anyway. When people ask "what sort of music do you like?" I've always said "the good stuff". Couldn't give a toss about genres. If it's good, it's good.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How is explaining your screw up embarrassing to me?

Hilarious. [emoji23]

image.jpeg

Screw up?
Calling me out? I don't think you actually understand what this means-

Someone comes out with something untrue and someone else points out the truth- this is calling someone out IMO.

Post #81 Is my observation of what was being posted on this thread, I was taking the piss and fishing in a silly way, I was joking NOT being serious at all.

IMO you bit and didn't like my post, fair enough, but also you thought you would bang on with personal insults in most of your replies, when I have SIMPLY tried to point out I was pissing about.

I'm not sure what you actually wanted me to say TBH. :shrug:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
View attachment 124797

Screw up?
Calling me out? I don't think you actually understand what this means-

Someone comes out with something untrue and someone else points out the truth- this is calling someone out IMO.

Post #81 Is my observation of what was being posted on this thread, I was taking the piss and fishing in a silly way, I was joking NOT being serious at all.

IMO you bit and didn't like my post, fair enough, but also you thought you would bang on with personal insults in most of your replies, when I have SIMPLY tried to point out I was pissing about.

I'm not sure what you actually wanted me to say TBH. :shrug:
Please desist. You have started something that you can't finish. It's unseemly to see you thrashing about. I'm not going to repeat myself over and over again. Just read the thread properly.

Although, it is quite funny to see who the only supporters you have on this thread are.......

Strong team there bruv. [emoji23]

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I like rap music, gangsta rap, hardcore, underground, east coast, west coast, dirty south, french rap, g-funk and mostly find myself listening to trap now.
I don't like drill music (quite right it gets removed from youtube in my opinion) or raggaeton or anything with puff peedy diddy on.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Please desist. You have started something that you can't finish. It's unseemly to see you thrashing about. I'm not going to repeat myself over and over again. Just read the thread properly.

Although, it is quite funny to see who the only supporters you have on this thread are.......

Strong team there bruv. [emoji23]

Nothing to finish.
I have read the thread again, along with your personal insults and I'm still lost, what do you want, an apology?

I think you believe the rubbish you actually type, as I said you have totally overthought a throwaway silly comment about ' Gangsta ' rap, FFS mate I haven't even slagged off your music.

Now get over yourself :p

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Gangsta Rap meaning.

I've just typed this into Google as maybe I wasn't 100% sure what it means, interesting, definitely worth a read for anyone that doesn't know.

Obviously all the posters that are fans of Gangsta Rap I don't have to tell you.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Gangsta Rap meaning.

I've just typed this into Google as maybe I wasn't 100% sure what it means, interesting, definitely worth a read for anyone that doesn't know.

Obviously all the posters that are fans of Gangsta Rap I don't have to tell you.
So you've just admitted that you actually had no idea what you were on about when you started posting crap on this thread. Not surprising, but very funny!

What a fool. [emoji23]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"There are only two types of music, good music and bad music. And I try to play the good stuff."

Always attributed to Louis Armstrong but I think Duke Ellington might have said it first.

It's still true anyway. When people ask "what sort of music do you like?" I've always said "the good stuff". Couldn't give a toss about genres. If it's good, it's good.

'Good' is subjective, of course. I am quite happy with people who like music I don't like as long as they don't start explaining why the music I like is crap. Same with politics. Mind you I am extremely guilty of transgressing that rule, myself, at the drop of a hat ('Boris is a fat idiot and liar'; 'Rolf Harris is a crap singer' etc :lolol:). I happen to be a fan of treated vocals (slowed down, speeded up) but Mrs T says it's 'crap'. No it isn't :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I like rap music, gangsta rap, hardcore, underground, east coast, west coast, dirty south, french rap, g-funk and mostly find myself listening to trap now.
I don't like drill music (quite right it gets removed from youtube in my opinion) or raggaeton or anything with puff peedy diddy on.

Mmmmmmm trap.

Are you listening to any Russian stuff (related to witch house)?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
So you've just admitted that you actually had no idea what you were on about when you started posting crap on this thread. Not surprising, but very funny!

What a fool. [emoji23]

Not 100% sure isn't no idea.

Not 100% sure could mean someone may have half an idea, more or less, right?
No idea means knowing absolutely nothing on the subject, right?

I'm wondering who is calling who a fool. :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not 100% sure isn't no idea?

Not 100% sure could mean someone may have half an idea, more or less, right?
No idea means knowing absolutely nothing on the subject, right?

I'm wondering who is calling who a fool. [emoji38]ol:

Well wonder no more. It is me calling you a fool. Because everything you've posted on this thread has been foolish.

Including this latest ridiculous post of yours. I don't even know what you're trying to prove apart from confirming your foolishness. You do get that that's what you're doing 'right'?

Unbelievable Jeff.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I do think its odd that lots of racists (I'm not talking about EDL types here, just your everyday racists) don't own their views. They dart into conversations or threads, drop a little racism and then spend a lot of time denying that they are racist at all. Seems odd to me.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I don't even know what you're trying to prove apart from confirming your foolishness

Thread title and the the OPs point is about Gansta Rap.
OP is shot down in flames by many on here before I raised my ugly head.
Me- " Quite amusing when the ' down with the kids ' middle aged and middle class men start defending Gangsta Rap.:lolol::lolol:
Never a dull moment on NSC:D
You - Not impressed, hissy fit ( says someone else )

Me trots over to Mr Google to see what he has to say about the type of rap music being defended by middle aged, middle class and I'm guessing white English men.

Top searches for Gangsta Rap meaning.

" A type of Rap music that is about life in the poor parts of cities, especially violence and drugs "

"A sub genre of Rap music focus mainly on organised crime, prostitutes ( referred to in Gangsta Rap as "Hoes"), drugs and life in the slums of the US."

"A style of Rap music characterised by lyrics about black street gangs in the US, often with violent and misogynistic themes"

And so on, and so on, from the Google search.

Now I'm not sure why you have the hump with me taking the piss out of posters DEFENDING music with this message.

Hope this helps.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
'Good' is subjective, of course. I am quite happy with people who like music I don't like as long as they don't start explaining why the music I like is crap. Same with politics. Mind you I am extremely guilty of transgressing that rule, myself, at the drop of a hat ('Boris is a fat idiot and liar'; 'Rolf Harris is a crap singer' etc :lolol:). I happen to be a fan of treated vocals (slowed down, speeded up) but Mrs T says it's 'crap'. No it isn't :shrug:

Ever been to the New Day Festival before :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here