Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bali drug smugglers from Brighton

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
desperate once caught you cabbage. They were not making the claims that they were being treated inhumanely or unfairly before they were caught! :facepalm:

They shoudn't have done in the first place you lettuce! :facepalm:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
They shoudn't have done in the first place you lettuce! :facepalm:

Clearly not you butternut squash, but my original point is that people in their predicament are desperate and like everyone else, would say anything to get out of it.:hilton::moo::amex::ffsparr::stupid::flameboun:falmer:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's incredible how many countries actually still use hanging, from that list.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Clearly not you butternut squash, but my original point is that people in their predicament are desperate and like everyone else, would say anything to get out of it.:hilton::moo::amex::ffsparr::stupid::flameboun:falmer:

Fair enough Aubergine, but my point still stands, if they didn't do it the first
place then they wouldn't have any thing to complain about would they.
:ffsparr::stupid::ffsparr:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
:ban::falmer::rock::moo::wozza::bigwave::lolol:
Fair enough Aubergine, but my point still stands, if they didn't do it the first
place then they wouldn't have any thing to complain about would they.
:ffsparr::stupid::ffsparr:

I agree with that my little artichoke. :nono::facepalm::ffsparr::rolleyes::wrong::(:bla:

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There we go easy peasy. Fingers crossed, they get a royal pardon today.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a second: would you be crossing your fingers for a royal pardon if (say) two Thai people got caught smuggling cocaine into the UK? Or would you say throw away the key?

(am not talking about hanging them as it doesn't apply here).

Just interested, like.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
seems strange that she flew to Bali..........pretty sure the sniff would have been destined for Oz or possibly thailand, if the big boys had Bali down as a soft touch they were badly mistaken .....Oz has ploughed millions of dollars into narcotics enforcement into the island and have a permanent federal force there working under cover ...they even shopped 9 of their own nationals a few years back.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
seems strange that she flew to Bali..........pretty sure the sniff would have been destined for Oz or possibly thailand, if the big boys had Bali down as a soft touch they were badly mistaken .....Oz has ploughed millions of dollars into narcotics enforcement into the island and have a permanent federal force there working under cover ...they even shopped 9 of their own nationals a few years back.

maybe it was heading on to Oz, can boat it from there - but there is a massive drugs 'problem' in Indonesia, very large numbers of party drugs all over the archipelago and very high rates of use in Jakarta. What's most strange is that she tried to smuggle into Bali, when I imagine taking it direct into somewhere like Surabaya, or even Jakarta, would have been a lot easier.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I was once offered the opportunity to take a suitcase lined with suspect packages to Indonesia for a pretty substantial pay-off. I weighed up the pros and cons, saw that it could result in the death penalty and refused point-blank. My girlfriend also turned it down despite some not inconsiderable pressure on her to take the risk. Her counter-argument - "Why should I do it if you won't?" - was pretty persuasive to be fair. I still gave her the silent treatment that night.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was once offered the opportunity to take a suitcase lined with suspect packages to Indonesia for a pretty substantial pay-off. I weighed up the pros and cons, saw that it could result in the death penalty and refused point-blank. My girlfriend also turned it down despite some not inconsiderable pressure on her to take the risk. Her counter-argument - "Why should I do it if you won't?" - was pretty persuasive to be fair. I still gave her the silent treatment that night.
Typical woman, me me me.
You should have shown her the back of your hand, got her in line.
Then took all the pay off for being so insolent.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Typical woman, me me me.
You should have shown her the back of your hand, got her in line.
Then took all the pay off for being so insolent.

I can't condone violence against women of any kind. But to be honest I didn't need to take such recourse in this case. She knew EXACTLY how selfish she'd been.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Am not talking about this case seeing as it hasn't been to trial yet, but it does always grate with me when people commit serious offences abroad and then complain that the sentence they receive on conviction is unfair and inhumane.

We all know that countries like Thailand and Dubai dish out severe sentences for certain crimes, so why do it? If you're stupid enough to smuggle cocaine anywhere, let alone to a country which carries the death penalty or a minimum fifty year stretch, well frankly it's your own stupid fault. Don't come crying back to us looking for British justice or expecting to be deported to a nicer UK prison if you made the choice to break Thai/UAE/Saudi law. If you can't do the time...

Couldn't have put it better... You do a crime in their country you serve times in their country whilst saving the UK tax payer money for paying for their sky tv and upkeep of the pool table...

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a second: would you be crossing your fingers for a royal pardon if (say) two Thai people got caught smuggling cocaine into the UK? Or would you say throw away the key?

(am not talking about hanging them as it doesn't apply here).

Just interested, like.

I was being dry, I hope they get what is coming to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here