Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bali drug smugglers from Brighton

tomahawk missile

May 30, 2012
What is everyones opinion?

Been grassed either way, but who smuggles drugs where there is a possible execution? f***ing thick

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Nice way to give your child a stable life too - aged 6, she's now been looked after a local Balinese gardener and his wife cos Mummy and Daddy are in prison.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
If the Indonesians want to keep their country drug-free then it's up to them to use whatever methods they see fit...........

Countries that apply capital punishment for drugsCountry Charge(s) Method of execution
Afghanistan firing squad / hanging
Bangladesh firing squad / hanging
Brunei hanging
China firing squad / lethal injection
Taiwan firing squad / lethal injection
Cuba firing squad
Egypt Drug trafficking firing squad / hanging
India Second conviction for drug trafficking hanging
Indonesia firing squad
Iran Trafficking or manufacturing of any drug, and third conviction for drug possession, distribution or sales firing squad / hanging
Iraq firing squad / hanging
Jordan Drug trafficking hanging
Kuwait firing squad / hanging
Laos hanging
Malaysia hanging
North Korea Drug trafficking or manufacturing firing squad
Oman firing squad
Qatar decapitation
Pakistan hanging
Saudi Arabia decapitation
Singapore Drug trafficking in more than the following specified quantities:
1200 grams of opium
30 grams of morphine
15 grams of heroin
30 grams of cocaine
500 grams of cannabis
250 grams of methamphetamine
hanging
Somalia firing squad
Sri Lanka hanging
Syria hanging
Sudan hanging
Thailand lethal injection[1]
United Arab Emirates decapitation / firing squad / hanging
United States electrocution / lethal injection
Yemen firing squad
Vietnam lethal injection
Zimbabwe hanging

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Am not talking about this case seeing as it hasn't been to trial yet, but it does always grate with me when people commit serious offences abroad and then complain that the sentence they receive on conviction is unfair and inhumane.

We all know that countries like Thailand and Dubai dish out severe sentences for certain crimes, so why do it? If you're stupid enough to smuggle cocaine anywhere, let alone to a country which carries the death penalty or a minimum fifty year stretch, well frankly it's your own stupid fault. Don't come crying back to us looking for British justice or expecting to be deported to a nicer UK prison if you made the choice to break Thai/UAE/Saudi law. If you can't do the time...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Am not talking about this case seeing as it hasn't been to trial yet, but it does always grate with me when people commit serious offences abroad and then complain that the sentence they receive on conviction is unfair and inhumane.

We all know that countries like Thailand and Dubai dish out severe sentences for certain crimes, so why do it? If you're stupid enough to smuggle cocaine anywhere, let alone to a country which carries the death penalty or a minimum fifty year stretch, well frankly it's your own stupid fault. Don't come crying back to us looking for British justice or expecting to be deported to a nicer UK prison if you made the choice to break Thai/UAE/Saudi law. If you can't do the time...
spot on.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Thanks for that list of the world's most admirable, democratic and progressive countries.

Hang on, what's the USA doing there?

I think this has more to do with drug trafficking being in contravention of Sharia Law and many of the Countries mentioned being Muslim.

Great Britain had capital punishment as well, from 1707 to 1965.

Even after that, you could still be hanged for the following :

1.causing a fire or explosion in a naval dockyard, ship, magazine or warehouse (until 1971);
2.espionage (until 1981);
3.piracy with violence (until 1998);
4.treason (until 1998); and
5.certain purely military offences under the jurisdiction of the armed forces, such as mutiny (until 1998). Prior to its complete abolition in 1998, it was available for six offences:
1.serious misconduct in action;
2.assisting the enemy;
3.obstructing operations;
4.giving false air signals;
5.mutiny or incitement to mutiny; and
6.failure to suppress a mutiny with intent to assist the enemy.

Last edited:

tomahawk missile

May 30, 2012

Agreed, reading a book about the 2 young lads who got caught in venezuela, Cracking read so far

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Really have no sympathy for them ( unless they are ESN, or have some other mental condition ).

You really need to be thick beyond belief to risk drug smuggling to a country with the death penalty.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

So if you got caught doing it, you would just say "OK fair enough hang me, I have no problem with that". I thought not. These people are desperate and like you, me and everyone else, will say anything to preserve their life. Please try to apply a bit of common sense.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Really have no sympathy for them ( unless they are ESN, or have some other mental condition ).

You really need to be thick beyond belief to risk drug smuggling to a country with the death penalty.

Agree with that, but the OP seems also concerned with the fact they were "grassed", so what is the opinion here of the fact they may have been shopped to the law?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
So if you got caught doing it, you would just say "OK fair enough hang me, I have no problem with that". I thought not. These people are desperate and like you, me and everyone else, will say anything to preserve their life. Please try to apply a bit of common sense.

Don't do the crime in the first place (assuming they did)

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

I think that Edna has the "common sense" to not try and smuggle drugs anywhere. As for your comment "These people are desperate " f*** off...I've had situations in my past where I havn't had a bean and no money to put food on the table, did I resort to Drug smuggling....NO I DID'NT... nor should anyone else. If someone smuggles drugs into a Country with a death penalty if caught, then more fool them!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I think that Edna has the "common sense" to not try and smuggle drugs anywhere. As for your comment "These people are desperate " f*** off...I've had situations in my past where I havn't had a bean and no money to put food on the table, did I resort to Drug smuggling....NO I DID'NT... nor should anyone else. If someone smuggles drugs into a Country with a death penalty if caught, then more fool them!

desperate once caught you cabbage. They were not making the claims that they were being treated inhumanely or unfairly before they were caught! :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here