Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Baleba - Bissouma - Caicedo... Out of the three, who do you think will prove to be the greatest player over time?

Baleba, Bissouma, Caicedo... Out of the 3, who do you think will prove to be the greatest player?

• Baleba

Votes: 132 58.9%
  • Bissouma

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Caicedo

Votes: 88 39.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Caicedo is the only right answer. He will stay the British record transfer fee for many many years and ultimately, he's going to get better and better on the pitch.

It's fun to laugh at the shitshow that Chelsea are currently, but they're not going to continue to be so forever I'm afraid, and he will be at the heart of their inevitable revival.

Carlos is a great talent and is looking like he's going to be a sensational player in the near future, but I think we're all forgetting how exceptional Moises was from almost the second he broke into the first team. If he doesn't succeed at Chelsea it'll be because he's succeeding at one of the European giants.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They are/were all better players at the Albion where they were/are able to play with more freedom and authority because they are not surrounded by players who all think they are at a Big Club under constant pressure from managers who, however smart and person-attuned they may be, are focused only on winning trophies.

So all the while he stays with us he has chance to be really impactful. Baleba.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For me, Caicedo’s stint with us is the best I’ve ever seen from a midfielder at the Albion in terms of all round ability.

Bissouma was the most fun to watch, with by far the most flair, but Caicedo is a more rounded footballer.

Baleba is still such a work in progress. He’s started this season brilliantly, but still makes some strange mistakes that need to be cut out before he can be discussed on their level, in my opinion.
He’s only 20……

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Assuming Baleba continues the form he's started with this season, Caicedo certainly isn't ahead of him by a distance. One could even speculate that Baleba could already be the better player...

Still early days of course. I'm going to wait and see if Baleba can continue his great form - but he is certainly seeming like he could be considerably better than Caicedo is. For the record Baleba is 20, Caicedo is 22.
It's hard to say as i see them as different types of player. If you want him to be part of a deep build up, then Caicedo is ahead by a distance. But if you want him to drive forward with the ball then Baleba is ahead.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Caicedo is the only right answer. He will stay the British record transfer fee for many many years and ultimately, he's going to get better and better on the pitch.

It's fun to laugh at the shitshow that Chelsea are currently, but they're not going to continue to be so forever I'm afraid, and he will be at the heart of their inevitable revival.

Carlos is a great talent and is looking like he's going to be a sensational player in the near future, but I think we're all forgetting how exceptional Moises was from almost the second he broke into the first team. If he doesn't succeed at Chelsea it'll be because he's succeeding at one of the European giants.
The fee isn’t overly relevant, that was Boehly being stupid and brilliant work by PBOBE rinsing him

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
The fee isn’t overly relevant, that was Boehly being stupid and brilliant work by PBOBE rinsing him
Bayern and Liverpool were willing to commit a non-Chelsea British record transfer fee at the same time.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The key words in the poll are "will prove". Based on their achievements to date, no doubt that Caecedo is currently "the greatest". Will Baleba surpass him? All things being equal, I think he probably will.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
At their best Caicedo was incredible, if he were still here he'd be out best player almost every game. Some people forget almost all of our ex players look worse in other sides and he has the added hassle of playing for Chelsea who struggle to get any of their world class superstars to look premier league ready.

Caicedo at Liverpool would be a different story

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Baleba has the potential to be best, but I would argue that so did Bissouma.

It very much depends on application.

I voted Caicedo

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Caicedo was absolutely world class for us, one of the best I've seen. If he doesnt get right to the top something has gone wrong.

Not hard to see what that something might be, but I'll still choose him for now.

But Baleba might be a bigger, stronger, quicker Caicedo with goals, and, well, that's priceless...
THIS!

if he applies himself and develops at the same rate as Caicedo, he will comfortably be the better player.
🤞

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think Baleba probably has the calmest character, and that may be enough to be the best of the 3, ultimately, but Caicedo is the best of the 3 currently.
Love Bissouma though.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The last two games we have lost the midfield in the second half not what you would expect from a top midfielder against a Wolves team that haven’t won yet with ten changes and Ipswich.
Obviously not all that lies on the shoulders of Carlos as I don’t think FH has an answer yet when opposition managers change formation which is a worry.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Baleba,not because he's still our player but because he has the ingredients to be a real world class player,the type of player sky sports follow around 24/7 hoping to hear him whistle and report he's changed his tune today so will probably sign for Chelsea.
Put it this way,if we could have any of the 3 mentioned I'd pick Baleba.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I think Caicedo is head and shoulders above. Baleba has a high ceiling for sure, but I don't think he's going to be as good as Caicedo but being naturally left footed means he will likely be equally as expensive and he has a sensational skillset. There were eyebrows about the fee, but once again the algorithm has proven itself. Baleba's potential is possibly the highest in the entire squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here