Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock - worst signing since when?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Given the money spent on him he really is poor isn't he. Thought Colunga did more in the time he was on.

Serious question, why do you need to start a thread like this. Fair enough to suggest he didn't play that well etc (which would be harsh given he was out of position, did a lot of defensive work to help Bennett and put in a couple of really good crosses early on) but this sort of thread is everything that's wrong with NSC (and football fans in general). People haven't learn from the pathetic behaviour towards Stockdale and O'Grady earlier in the season. Why can't people actually support the team rather than resorting to ridiculous threads like this.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I've said this a thousand times and I'll say it again: Baldock is the latest in a list of strikers signed that have no chance of shining in our current system. It started with CMS, a striker signed with much fanfare but without any capability to play in a system that we will never change.

Sorry to bring Murray into it, but he was perfect for the way we play and to an extent so was Barnes, then came Ulloa. Once again, a formula worked and rather than try and replicate it, we make the same mistake AGAIN! Put simply: either change our system t suit small nippy strikers or stop signing them. We only stick them on the wing.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Play Baldock up front as a striker then judge him.

Play Stockdale as a defensive midfielder then criticise him for being a waste of money.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ballsack needs a run of games up front not out wide.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Teddy Maybank!
Great for comedy value but not much of a player for a record signing.
Well, I saw him score three goals IN ONE GAME once, something I don't ever expect to see Baldock do!

To be fair to Baldock, he hasn't been given a run of games, though, and has been played out of position. Not pulled up any trees though.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Whilst accepting that he is a striker, and we've yet to see much of him there, the facts are, on what we HAVE seen, his touch is poor, he can't protect the ball, he's not especially quick. His basic skillset - the things you can judge in any player - is bang average, regardless of where is playing.

Exactly this, Even playing out wide you would expect some sort of skill set. He was as you say bang average against Brentford and never went passed his man once. A different position on the pitch doesn't mean he will improve that. It is like saying Halford shouldn't be used in different positions because he is being played out of position. He manages it without looking clueless. A professional footballer being paid what they earn should be able to at least show some skills in different positions. Baldock looks woefully short.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I've said this a thousand times and I'll say it again: Baldock is the latest in a list of strikers signed that have no chance of shining in our current system. It started with CMS, a striker signed with much fanfare but without any capability to play in a system that we will never change.

Sorry to bring Murray into it, but he was perfect for the way we play and to an extent so was Barnes, then came Ulloa. Once again, a formula worked and rather than try and replicate it, we make the same mistake AGAIN! Put simply: either change our system t suit small nippy strikers or stop signing them. We only stick them on the wing.
This. With bells on.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Baldock is useless. Even given the fact that he is apparently playing "out of position", he just doesn't have the basic footballing skills to cut it at CHampionship level. His lack of application and effort is a trifle disappointing.

Almost as disappointing is COG's whinging that he wants to return "up north". He has had fantastic support from the fans in recent games, is getting playing time now and has the opportunity to impress the new manager. If he loves it so much "up north" why move to us in the first place?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Any striker we sign is going to struggle playing in front of the worst midfield in the Championship. We have little or no creativity ( McCourt excepted ) and the distribution from our back four is pitiful as well.
Our front men are trying to feed off scraps. We have no wide men delivering decent balls in and apart from Halford's long throws, our set pieces are appalling.
Why do you think Darren Bent had no interest in coming back.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Terrible signing. I hope we can 'get rid' this window, but sadly I fear that he'll be with us a while.
What an absolute tosser BERK was to sign this joke.
You are just 'orrible. Full of pessimism ... bloody buck up for heaven's sake... he's been played out of position, we are going thru a terrible time throughout the team and Baldock's confidence must be at an all-time low. Look at that glass again, it might even be half full.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Haha knew this would be bounced. Come on Sammy Boy lets have enough couple second half. Certainly warming my long neck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here