Balcombe tunnel closed all day

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why police?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Feel free to explain the police role in this?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brilliant.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There are some very disturbed people in the world

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I assume this will make it unlikely for me to make my post match train back up to Victoria in time for the last at St Pancras at 00:12?

SweBHAFC

Nov 16, 2009
I assume this will make it unlikely for me to make my post match train back up to Victoria in time for the last at St Pancras at 00:12?

Unlikely mate. But hey, at least it is Friday and there are some cheap b&b's on offer

SweBHAFC

Nov 16, 2009
Blimey, what are those things called with lots of wheels and loads of seats on.....erm, oh god. Those things my son sings about the wheels going round on.....erm, er....Busses, that's it.

See granny's comment above.

No way buses can deal with all that demand and help people such as rool. There is currently 60 min delay at haywards Heath for about 200 commuters waiting to make the 10 mile journey north.

Southern rail is a joke. Paid 4,303 quid for my season ticket. Why can't they be held financially accountable?!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex

No way buses can deal with all that demand and help people such as rool. There is currently 60 min delay at haywards Heath for about 200 commuters waiting to make the 10 mile journey north.

Southern rail is a joke. Paid 4,303 quid for my season ticket. Why can't they be held financially accountable?!

To some extent they are. Whenever there' a closure or non-running train the rail companies sit down with Network Rail to agree who's fault is was and pay for the disruption accordingly. As this is a tunnel closure it's much more likely to be down to NR than to SOuthern I'd guess.

But I guess your wider point still stands - costs are increasingly shifted on to us passengers.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath

I totally agree with you on the whole season ticket thing and I sypmathise cos it's a shit load of money for an often poor service.

I just don't agree with your police comments. The bridge is unsafe as far as i'm aware......could you imagine the sh1t they'd get if it was to come down on a train as it sailed through? I'm sure they haven't closed it to spite everyone.

No, I don't work for Southern Rail.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
c59922a406a14fa09bdc0b9c7cd23eff_7.jpg

405000140.png

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Well, it doesn't help much, but you can claim your "delay" pay from Southern. I claimed for nearly a weeks travel for last years snow and got about £60 back in train vouchers. Not the full amount, admittedly, and vouchers were no use to me, but I still claimed.

P.P. Good job I was working at home anyway today, sounds like I would not have made it in.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

So lets think about this, the police have damaged the tunnel so the Leeds fans cannot get to Brighton and because it makes it a bit dangerous for trains to travel through said tunnel its Southern Rail's fault that they are making these repairs today.

SweBHAFC

Nov 16, 2009
Regarding the police comment it would be safe to say that it was lighthearted. I don't genuinely think the old bill vandalised a tunnel to save a few dirty dirty dirty Leeds fans getting a slap.

With that said though... They are probably not gutted if certain "elements" couldn't make it down...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here