Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bakiri BANNED from the UK!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
:clap2: Surely the best news of the week! :clap2:

RADICAL PREACHER BANNED

Radical Muslim cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed has been banned from returning to Britain, the Home Office has said.

Bakri travelled to Lebanon over the weekend but had said he intended returning to Britain, where he has lived since 1985.

It had been suggested that the Government was powerless to prevent the return of the controversial cleric.

However, Home Secretary Charles Clarke has now used existing powers to stop him coming back.

A Home Office spokesman said: "The Home Secretary has issued an order revoking Omar Bakri Mohammed's indefinite leave to remain and to exclude him from the UK on the grounds that his presence is not conducive to the public good."

Bakir has caused fury by saying he would not inform on British Muslims if he knew they were planning terror attacks

He is the founder and spiritual leader of the radical group al Muhajiroun, due to be outlawed in Britain.

He had intended returning as his wife and children are still in Britain, while he was also organising a heart procedure on the NHS.

Meanwhile, it has emerged that Bakri could be extradited from Lebanon to Syria.

A Lebanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman said: "There is an official request from the Syrian authorities to surrender him to the security forces in Syria.

"They say he is a Syrian and has been convicted in Syria for many crimes, and that they need him for those crimes."

The spokesman also said Bakri is still in custody despite earlier reports of his release.

He added that the preacher's current detention was a routine procedure in Lebanon and he could be held for up to 72 hours.

"The security forces are asking him about his permission to enter Lebanon and the circumstances of him entering Lebanon and leaving the UK," he said.

1322655.jpg

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
All those heinous crimes he commited...such as speaking against the government.

Why don't we just go the whole hog and kill him?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
yeah and i'm sure that he won't argue that it is against his human rights in court and he will win because that is the way the country is set up at the moment

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's not speaking against the government that has cost him his visa but the fact that he has 'encouraged' terrorism and is frankly a racist if a fraction of the comments attributed to him are true.

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Artois said:
I do hope I'm supposed to read that with tongue in cheek.

Read it with your tongue wherever you want it to be.

I just think it's a pity that we're kicking someone out (with no trial I may add) for something he has SAID.

It is about time that we started using a standard response to a lot of "human rights" arguments...

"BOLLOCKS TO YOU". I think that about sums it up. Basically that means "GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ARSE AND GET A LIFE". Yes, that's about right.

If we'd have started doing this a long time ago, things wouldn't be so bad in a lot of ways...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
JonC said:
Ah well, sorry for my undying belief in the tenets of free speech.

Yes we've just seen you use them while trying to sell your fanzine. Funny how nobody's interested.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
JonC said:
I just think it's a pity that we're kicking someone out (with no trial I may add) for something he has SAID.

oh deary me - if thats a windup then I'll take the bait...

You would like someone to be able to stay in this country - who would not give two hoots about blowing you and your family up, who rallies others to be involved in the same, doesn't care 1 iota for anything to do with this country except fighting against it? entered this country on a false passport? just because he only said it - do you want to wait until he does what he says he will..

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He's already had several hundred thousand pounds in legal aid froma country he clearly depises anyway.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Ah, but we have a "memo" which says that they will not kill him - which is our get out clause under the Human Rights Act.

I can see Microsoft getting into this one....as you start to type, the on-screen helper can pop up with "are you typing a memo which you plan to totally ignore when you get this guy back in your country? If so, let Clippy help you with the legal bollocks required to keep the bleeding heart left wingers happy until he is swinging from a lamp-post and it is too late to bring him back to the safe West where he can carry on spouting stuff that he would never get away with in his own country".

Free speech my arse. Most of those who oppose Government rules and regulations like this do so to give the impression that they are also in danger of deportation or state monitoring. In reality, not even the postman gives a toss where they live. Get a life, bastard spawn of Michael Foot and Tony Benn.......

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
tedebear said:
oh deary me - if thats a windup then I'll take the bait...

You would like someone to be able to stay in this country - who would not give two hoots about blowing you and your family up, who rallies others to be involved in the same, doesn't care 1 iota for anything to do with this country except fighting against it? entered this country on a false passport? just because he only said it - do you want to wait until he does what he says he will..

Well, I've seen people on here talking about killing George Bush. Perhaps they too should be deported - to the US perhaps?

I would rather we arrest these people and take them to a criminal court and if they have done something wrong...they will be convicted. I'd much prefer to use the might of our legal service than issue summary justice by er....the foreign secretary. I always assumed that everyone would have the chance to prove their innocence in a court of law.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here