Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bakiri BANNED from the UK!

Southover Street Seagull said:
What would the contributors on this thread do with this man if they were in Government then?
I would prefer it if the government could publish its evidence that there might be some connection between this man's rantings and the bombings.

If there is NO evidence, I would do nothing with him.

Deporting or excluding individuals might just be a diversionary tactic to give the impression that something is being done.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Quite funny in parts, very hard hitting questioning from "christianitytoday"

You issued a fatwa some years ago sentencing the U.S. author of the "blasphemous" play Corpus Christi to death. What do you think of Christ?

:lolol:

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
London Irish said:
And what a useful exercise in time-wasting political correctness that was. Hope you enjoyed it.

Now LI, you have to admit that that was a tad patronising.

bhaexpress said:
Now LI, you have to admit that that was a tad patronising.

And you think his ad hominem attack was justifiable? Why the double-standard, and more importantly, why divert an interesting thread into discussing this trivial rubbish?

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Does it help if I said that I think he is scum and more pointedly radical muslim scum. He has abused his right to stay here. I am glad he is banned. His future is not my problem.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
London Irish said:
And you think his ad hominem attack was justifiable? Why the double-standard, and more importantly, why divert an interesting thread into discussing this trivial rubbish?

more patronising shit from NSC resident tea cadyy...........

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
WATFORD O said:
more patronising shit from NSC resident tea cadyy...........

An aside: Twatty, you should be told - it is McGleish, not Macgleish. Also spelt P-R-I-C-K.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Vlad the Impala said:
An aside: Twatty, you should be told - it is McGleish, not Macgleish. Also spelt P-R-I-C-K.

Thanks for the spell check. He is A LEGEND and gave it large to your lot!!

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
WATFORD O said:
Thanks for the spell check. He is A LEGEND and gave it large to your lot!!

No problem. BTW, if you type "Scott Macgleish" into Google, the only thing it finds is you on this forum. I believe that officially makes you the dumbest lump of shite alive on this planet.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Vlad the Impala said:
No problem. BTW, if you type "Scott Macgleish" into Google, the only thing it finds is you on this forum. I believe that officially makes you the dumbest lump of shite alive on this planet.

No, surely you steal that particular crown from me by a golden mile............

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
He was your own player, for crying out loud. Some 'legend', when just about the only guy in the world who gives a fig about Orient can't even spell his name.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lokki 7 said:
But warranted I think

It was just an observation not an opinion, my days of getting into futile rows are past now as I'm too old !

bhaexpress said:
It was just an observation not an opinion, my days of getting into futile rows are past now as I'm too old !

So then surely it was both an observation AND an opinion. As you can see my days of getting into futile rows are very much in the here and now. :)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As already pointed out by Tedebear ( but conveniently ignored by those wishing to attack government policy, the Tories or each other ) is that ...

He's been blocked from coming ( back ) here. The authorties don't need to go to court to do this and it is daily event. He can apply to enter any other "safe" country in the world if he likes, just not here.

Also remember he did say that he wouldn't report a planned attack if he knew about it. Shall we wait for this planned attack, link him to it, jail him and ignore the fact we could have saved 100's of lives by acting pro-actively ?

London Irish said:
I would ask the DPP to prepare a file on him to see if he has breached any of our current incitement to violence laws. Then put his fate in the hands of a jury. Then we could also have a proper debate in this country about what constitutes protected speech and what is incitement.

I certainly wouldn't revoke an individual's right to aslyum from an "axis of evil" state (granted by those well-known bleeding heart liberals, the Tory government) because of a press campaign.

Some good points LI, but from a personal point of view do you think that someone like Bakri is worthwhile to the country that we live in?
What really winds me up is that we have let him stay in this country for 20 years after he clamed political asylum. He has lived on state hand outs but is quite prepared to do down the country that has given him a safe haven.
I think at the time and now that Syria the country he clamied asylum from is not a democratic state, so his asylum case was probably justified. But as i say it sticks in the mouth a bit that we have given him a safe haven in our country yet he seems to not care much about the country he has lived in for these past 20 years.

Southover Street Seagull said:
Some good points LI, but from a personal point of view do you think that someone like Bakri is worthwhile to the country that we live in?

The problem about protecting civil liberties is that it's very easy to defend the civil liberties of people who are cuddly, friendly and nice. It takes backbone and principle to defend the civil liberties of the popularly despised and the scorned.

Do I think Islamic fundamentalists offer any political hope to the youth of this country. No - but there are ways and means of defeating them without corrupting our own values.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
London Irish said:
The problem about protecting civil liberties is that it's very easy to defend the civil liberties of people who are cuddly, friendly and nice. It takes backbone and principle to defend the civil liberties of the popularly despised and the scorned.

Do I think Islamic fundamentalists offer any political hope to the youth of this country. No - but there are ways and means of defeating them without corrupting our own values.

True indeed but why is he so despised ? I can't believe that everything in a the press about him is untrue.

London Irish said:

But does Bakiri technically share the same rights and civil liberties as a British Citizen? Especially when he has left the country of his own free will to go on holiday? It would be interesting to find out what the law is on this particular case. As a non British citizen does he have the same rights to come back into Britain as a British citizen?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have to say that as he is not a british citizen, the question is 'Will he contribute positively to british society ?' and i believe the answer from the majority of british society (and also from the majority of British Muslims) will be the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here