Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bags at Heathrow

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Got off the plane last night and went to baggage retrieval....I have never seen such a sight in my life. There must have been about 500 suitcases, prams, bags, etc etc all piled up in heaps where no one had collected them.

The queue for the american onward transfers was about 500 deep and most of the flights were about to leave and people were getting on the planes expecting their bags to be automatically forwarded...obviously not!!!

Its absolute chaos at Heathrow

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Still? Jesus. The one miracle from our nightmare morning there on 10 August was that our bags re-emerged from BMI after just five hours and we were able to go home.

Poor sods who've lost bags, had to wait weeks to get them back and then found them soaked through...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
no probs at Gatwick, it was so lax. I brought water and perfume in my hand luggage back from Miami, and collected my bags 20 mins after the flight had landed.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
More the question, whats the queues like at Shoreham?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
5 hours!!!

Ours was one of the last ones off and we waited about an hour thinking it was never coming! Poor americans next to us had 30 minutes to get accross the airport to get their flight and their bags hadnt appeared...we left thm in a state of panic

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Dies Irae said:
Poor americans next to us had 30 minutes to get accross the airport to get their flight and their bags hadnt appeared...we left thm in a state of panic

Good.

Americans always make 'aliens' queue for f***ing HOURS to get into their country.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Got off at Gatwick admittedly early on Tuesday morning but no problems at all. At Abu Dhabi they even take your bags off the carousel and put them on a trolley which unlike the US, is free.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Wozza said:
Good.

Americans always make 'aliens' queue for f***ing HOURS to get into their country.

Agreed, I have missed more than one connection there due to their mismanagement and over zealous security.

bhaexpress said:
Agreed, I have missed more than one connection there due to their mismanagement and over zealous security.
The tightness of our security I think needs to be more like the Americans'.

The difference is that most of the time, the U.S. security model works and people get through. It seems in the UK we try and ramp up the security to that level and all hell breaks loose... (see above!) :(

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
flew up to glasgow from stansted last week, the captain announced after everyone was on the plane that there were three extra bags that shouldnt be there, so they all had to be taken off, rechecked and put back on again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here