Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baggies Appoint Robson

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
West Bromwich Albion have confirmed former England captain Bryan Robson as their new manager, with Nigel Pearson named as his assistant.

Robson emerged as The Baggies' choice to succeed Gary Megson, who left The Hawthorns in acrimonious circumstances last month.

Manchester United legend Robson started his playing career with the Midlands outfit and has made an emotional return to the club.

Since hanging up his boots, Robson has achieved mixed success in the managerial sphere, having presided over promotion to, and relegation from, The Premiership with Middlesbrough.

He also guided the club to three cup finals and worked as a coach in the England set-up when Terry Venables was in charge.

The duo teamed up again at The Riverside as Robson's final days on Teesside turned sour and he left the club in 2001.

Robson returned to management last season with Bradford City but he could not prevent the club slipping into League One before his exit.

But, almost 12 months on from his appointment at Valley Parade, Robson has the chance to avoid a similar fate with his task being to keep West Brom in The Premiership.

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
How do we get to "The Hawthorns" next season?

:lolol:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Poor West Brom. I wouldn't wish Bryan Robson on Palace.

Okay....maybe I would.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Surprised his drinking pal Viv Anderson has not gone with him, maybe with Norman Whiteside as the Physio.
Typo surely there Uncle B, don't you mean 'Norman Whiteside as the PSYCHO?'

(yes, yes I know he's got his Physio qualifications)

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Robson reveals 1st new signing...

_1235948_merse150.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here