Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bad reviews

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Came across this customer review for The Lamb in Ripe a few years ago, when trying to find out if it was still open (now - thankfully it seems - permanently closed).

What would have to happen for him to give one star?!
Screenshot_20241002_161238_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've added interest when we visited somewhere and I love TripAdvisor reviews. We were once stung by these shysters, it gives me comfort/laughs to see other people have a go at them too. Click on the terrible reviews only :lolol: :
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...846-Reviews-El_Toro_Negro-Prague_Bohemia.html

I love quips such as "At least Dick Turpin wore a mask" as the reviewers title.

There's also an Amsterdam hotel with astonishing photos of mice and cockroaches. But we didn't stay there.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I went to a restaurant in Grenada where the food was pretty good but the Owner/chef used to come from the kitchen with a machete in hand and ask diners how their meals had been. Famous for it locally. We told him it was “fantastic thanks very much!”

He did chase a member of the kitchen staff out with it just before we left though :lolol:

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I've added interest when we visited somewhere and I love TripAdvisor reviews. We were once stung by these shysters, it gives me comfort/laughs to see other people have a go at them too. Click on the terrible reviews only :lolol: :
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...846-Reviews-El_Toro_Negro-Prague_Bohemia.html

There's also an Amsterdam hotel with astonishing photos of mice and cockroaches. But we didn't stay there.
Iva is doing their best to respond aren't they! How dispiriting - a long way from my experiences of Prague many yeras ago.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Iva is doing their best to respond aren't they! How dispiriting - a long way from my experiences of Prague many yeras ago.
I stayed in an awful place in Prague when I visited in the late 80s/early 90s. It was a B&B in a block on a typically Eastern European concrete development on the outskirts of the city, which felt dangerous. The rooms stank and were full of damp, while the landlord hated the English and was aggressive and rude. But actually the worst thing about it was the fact that when you got the tram back from the city centre at night it deposited you on the other side of the motorway. The only way to get back to the B&B was to go under a long subway, which had absolutely no lighting. It was totally, pitch black - so when you got to your accommodation it was actually a relief, even though it was hideous.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

We had an amazing holiday, including a very special restaurant around the corner the next evening. Prague is great.

El Toro ... I blame Mrs.W as she was tired and cold, insisting we walked into the first place.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
I can't remember the name now but I once came across the Booking.com page of a hotel in Italy whose manager absolutely violated every unhappy reviewer.

Think: "I didn't know there were only stairs, this was really inconvenient." "Hopefully you are less fat the next time you visit us."

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Reviews Basil Fawlty would be pleased to receive

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I like this review of the historically important Lewes Castle and the excellent museum alongside it.

IMG_8785.jpeg

In another review the same guy gets very angry about being served a cup of tea not to his liking too:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A review of the (now closed) Genesis Expo creationist museum in Portsmouth

IMG_0631.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I normally only leave positive reviews (my TA average is a four or five) but I made an exception for The Mayson, a Dublin hotel who charged me (ok my company) 250 euro for a night in a broom cupboard stuffed full of wanky hipster toys.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I normally only leave positive reviews (my TA average is a four or five) but I made an exception for The Mayson, a Dublin hotel who charged me (ok my company) 250 euro for a night in a broom cupboard stuffed full of wanky hipster toys.

And did you enjoy the Sales Manager post review "reaching out to you". Should have taken another star off for that alone!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here