Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Backwards Falmer Inbreds

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
80's Seagull said:
not really no ???

OK. The majoritiy of people who live in Falmer do not support Albion. They probably support Man U or Palace, or Arsenal etc. Therefore its an alien, unwanted club being foisted upon them.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms said:
Such a shame that money can't buy you an interesting personality or, for that matter, a life.

Its probably could but why would I want to buy something that I was blessed with for free???

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Dick Knights Mum said:
Describing the stadium location as a village is tosh Watford O. There are two universities, a sports club, a railway station, a utilities company, and a flamin great bypass.

I never said I was anti Falmer. I said they had a point. I've never even been to Falmer so it could be pikeyville for all I know.

D

Deleted User X18H

Rangdo said:
But we're not talking about the stadium here we're talking about them stopping people parking in the village, not letting outsiders visit their "public" meetings and the way they seem to want to cut themselves off from the outside world (until they need to pop to Waitrose obviously).
How can you be loaded and live in Hertfordshire a lot of people in my office (leadenhall street) live in Herts and they are right pikeys you are a funny little person

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Watford should not comment on something he clearly knows NOTHING about... end of...

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
WATFORD O said:
I was just saying that if you lived in a village and someone wanted to build a stadium on it you might end up being a NIMBY.

:lolol: :clap2: :lolol:
Legend!!

:clap2:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
ARE YOU LOCAL AT ALL?

I am a definate admirer of Falmer and it's village for two main reasons.
1)my parents got married in the church
2) my mum's very premature funeral was held there back in summer 2000.

BUT i have been an albion supporter for 18 of my 24 years and now more than ever we need a new home. given that their so called village seems to house a farm, farmshop and about twelve houses no doubt owne and maintained by Young professionals who see fit to adorn their gardens with plastic playground monstrosities i see no reason to suspect that a ground nearby could detract from the already non-rural idyl they claim to have. their only concern is in their bank balance as they suspect the house prices would fall...... i hate falmerites.....:censored:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: ARE YOU LOCAL AT ALL?

fourthteamtillidie said:
I am a definate admirer of Falmer and it's village for two main reasons.
1)my parents got married in the church
2) my mum's very premature funeral was held there back in summer 2000.

BUT i have been an albion supporter for 18 of my 24 years and now more than ever we need a new home. given that their so called village seems to house a farm, farmshop and about twelve houses no doubt owne and maintained by Young professionals who see fit to adorn their gardens with plastic playground monstrosities i see no reason to suspect that a ground nearby could detract from the already non-rural idyl they claim to have. their only concern is in their bank balance as they suspect the house prices would fall...... i hate falmerites.....:censored:

I actually like the village as a place. What I don't like is residents. As you say they project this image of a rural retreat which it hasn't been since Sussex Uni and Moulsecombe arrived (the 60s?) and they don't seem to be able to let this go, grasping at claims such as AONB for an area that clearly isn't and ultimately trying to destroy the hopes of thousands for the benefit of a couple of hundred.
As far as the impact on the village is concerned if you stand next to the pond I doubt you will even be able to see the stadium, unlike a lot of other grounds that are right in the middle of residential areas with capacities of 40K+, and once they introduce these parking restrictions there will be no matchday parking to worry about.
I just seems that everything they do and the way they go about it is an attempt to alienate themselves from the wider community.

Kev the Ape

i have stood by the falmer pond and you cant even see the site!!! And are they trying to stop parking in the village how crap can you get. When falmer gets the go ahead next year and we beat the NIMBYS i will be cheering and shouting along my road :clap2:.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Kev the Ape said:
When falmer gets the go ahead next year and we beat the NIMBYS i will be cheering and shouting along my road :clap2:.
Do you live in Falmer? That would be pretty cool. I'd like to see that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here