Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Backwards Falmer Inbreds

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Was in Falmer village yesterday and had a quick look at their village noticeboard (hoping to see some funny stuff about Falmer). There was a sign there about a village meeting to deal with the parking problems caused by Brighton Uni students. Part of it said "if you would like to come and pose any questions" and someone had actually crossed out the "you" half way down and replaced it with "VILLAGERS" in black marker and then written "VILLAGERS ONLY" at the bottom. It was like something out of the league of gentlemen. Like they're scared that an outsider might turn up and express an opposing opinion.
Part of it said that you would need a permit to park in the village. So does this mean that the pond is theirs now and no one else can visit it?

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Can we arrange a traffic accident involving at least three full cement mixers somewhere near the village?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Rangdo said:

Part of it said that you would need a permit to park in the village. So does this mean that the pond is theirs now and no one else can visit it?

Would anyone else want to?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I doubt even travellers would want to.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Im sorry but I see the funny side of this but on the other hand the Nimby's world is, a local village for local people!!

:angry:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Fair enough I guess.

Let's just ban them from parking anywhere in Brighton.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I think we should build our own pond thats bigger and better than theirs and not let them visit.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Whether you like it or not these guys have a point. If I lived in Falmer I wouldnt want a f***ing bha stad on my doorstep either. As it happens I am too loaded to live in such a shithole............

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
WATFORD O said:
Whether you like it or not these guys have a point. If I lived in Falmer I wouldnt want a f***ing bha stad on my doorstep either. As it happens I am too loaded to live in such a shithole............

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Unfortunately the parking situation at the University of Brighton up there is shocking so people will continue to park in their village whether they like it or not.

:rolleyes:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
WATFORD O said:

But we're not talking about the stadium here we're talking about them stopping people parking in the village, not letting outsiders visit their "public" meetings and the way they seem to want to cut themselves off from the outside world (until they need to pop to Waitrose obviously).

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
WATFORD O said:

You really are a grade A prick! if you have nothing of interest to say, why bother?

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Rusthall Seagull said:
You really are a grade A prick! if you have nothing of interest to say, why bother?

I was just saying that if you lived in a village and someone wanted to build a stadium on it you might end up being a NIMBY.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
WATFORD O said:
I was just saying that if you lived in a village and someone wanted to build a stadium on it you might end up being a NIMBY.

Next to it not on it twatty, and if BHA wanted to build a stadium near my gaff I'd be well chuffed.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
WATFORD O said:
and if Palace wanted to?

It would probably mean I'd be living in Croydon, in which case I'd probably kill myself.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
WATFORD O said:
In which case you see my point...........

not really no ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here