Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Backroom

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I am not anti White and Booker and I feel that Dean White really is a Brighton man, he had the courage to go and speak to fans after the Murray snub and gained us points when he was in temporary charge and bought Owusu in however I feel there is something amiss in the backroom set up and this was highlighted by a Huddersfield fans post. I have quoted it below

Look at the management team he’s brought in:
Lee Clark – ex Newcastle and Fulham, even as a player of 19 was coaching
Terry McDermott – look at his record
Derek Fazackerly – ex England coach for goodness sakes
Steve Black – personal fitness trainer and motivator for Johnnie Wilkinson and others.
Many premier League teams would love that team.

This is planning and implementation of the first order and if I was a premiership or Newcastle chairman I would be keeping a very close eye on Lee Clark. I know that one of the things Slade is aiming to do is restructure the backroom set up and I feel this is now an urgent priority, I would like to see a player/coach brought in, someone with a successful career from a top club - Teddy Sherringham, Gary Speed, Graham Kavanagh or Paul Dickoff someone with passion and aggression, I would like a serious Director of football to work along side Slade so that he can get on with the day to day running of the club. I would be happy to see White run the reserves but feel there is not really any justification in keeping Martin Hinshelwood as director of football and running the youth, we don't seem to have had any players coming through the ranks in the last couple of seasons and Bob Booker seems pretty anonymous and really is a Micky Adams man. Behind the scenes for me is as important as on the field and is imperative to our future success cos if they ain't fit and conditioned doesn't matter how good the players are

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
100% agree. All I can hope is that the club are not rushing into anything and are taking their time to restructure the coaching team, youth and support set up in an appropriate manner.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I said that on the thread posted by the Huddersfield fan...!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Coaching Staff follow up - North Stand Chat

Not sure I like the reply. Slade had had plenty opportunity to see the way things ran behind the scenes before he gave that quote to the argus, if he was happy with it he wouldn't have talked about it.

The change to the medical staff was said to be the biggest change, suggesting there would be other changes. Yet the only additions have been the physio set up.

I don't know, perhaps I am reading too much into it, but seems like slade had this idea of changes and was told no.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here