Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Back in Garth's good books

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I must admit I tend to avoid Final Score mainly because of his over the top pontifications. Might start watching again next season....

He's a cosmic buffoon.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Leandro Trossard
- On winning team CHECK
- Scored a goal CHECK
- Allows me to comment on a big 6 team CHECK

He meets all the criteria for a place in Garth's Team of the Week.

He's followed the same formula, for both picks.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
And... we’re back in Garth’s bad books:

We were:

“Destroyed by City...”

And...

“We’re missing Potter.”

Interesting and insightful as ever - lol.

Garth Crooks' Team of the Week: Whose sheer presence causes pandemonium?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63368172

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought his comments about Burn being a completely different player to the one he was at Brighton was strange. Unless I'm missing something?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

We were:

“Destroyed by City...”

And...

“We’re missing Potter.”

Doesn't it just show that he doesn't watch all the games - or pays scant attention when he does. The BBC match stats prove his take wrong for a start.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Doesn't it just show that he doesn't watch all the games - or pays scant attention when he does. The BBC match stats prove his take wrong for a start.
Exactly - of course, undeniably, we lost and 3-1 isn’t a great scoreline - but it was one of those occasions where we contributed far more than the scoreline suggested... a pundit, any pundit, would know this if they’d even simply looked at the basic stats... it’s shamefully poor journalism, If indeed you can even call it that. It satisfies the narrative though - that City are absolutely unreal and brilliant, can’t think how - paying nearly 750k a week out to their surprisingly good striker... it’s a wonder they’re any good at all?!? The mind boggles.

If he isn’t prepared to even look at the basics, I suspect the fact that we were an Ederson shin save away from a deserved point might have been lost of Garth ... he’s an hilarious parody of himself.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly - of course, undeniably, we lost and 3-1 isn’t a great scoreline - but it was one of those occasions where we contributed far more than the scoreline suggested... a pundit, any pundit, would know this if they’d even simply looked at the basic stats... it’s shamefully poor journalism, If indeed you can even call it that. It satisfies the narrative though - that City are absolutely unreal and brilliant, can’t think how - paying nearly 750k a week out to their surprisingly good striker... it’s a wonder they’re any good at all?!? The mind boggles.

If he isn’t prepared to even look at the basics, I suspect the fact that we were Ederson shin save away from a deserved point might have been lost of Garth ... he’s an hilarious parody of himself.
Virtually every City fan there would disagree with him from what I’ve read online. Absolute buffoon.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I thought Crooks was useful this week. On seeing the contentious refereeing decisions, it was my view that neither of the incidents were penalties, but that Haaland's shove on Webster was not enough for a foul under this season's 'more contact' approach. Garth called them completely the other way around, and so gave me confidence that my view was likely to be correct.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Kudos to the big lump for spotting that Eddie Howe has single-handedly converted BDB into a left back!

Read the rest of his report (I don't usually waste my time on it) - what a blob!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

We were:

“Destroyed by City...”

And...

“We’re missing Potter.”

I have serious doubts that GP would have bettered our results in the last three games :shrug:

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Kudos to the big lump for spotting that Eddie Howe has single-handedly converted BDB into a left back!

Read the rest of his report (I don't usually waste my time on it) - what a blob!
Yeah, Dan never played as a centre or left back for us. To call GC a numpty would be offending numpties nationwide.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I have serious doubts that GP would have bettered our results in the last three games :shrug:

BUT Garth reckons we’re missing him, hence City ‘destroying’ us nearly 2-2... lol.

Who could argue with his vast intellect and footballing knowledge :/

All of this, all of it mind, would make a win against Chelsea soooo sweet it would be comparable to a massive pile of Profiteroles all smothered in chocolate sauce.

I’m praying for victory - Welbz HAS to score eventually ... a nice brace on Saturday and we’ll be in heaven.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
BUT Garth reckons we’re missing him, hence City ‘destroying’ us nearly 2-2... lol.

Who could argue with his vast intellect and footballing knowledge :/

All of this, all of it mind, would make a win against Chelsea soooo sweet it would be comparable to a massive pile of Profiteroles all smothered in chocolate sauce.

I’m praying for victory - Welbz HAS to score eventually ... a nice brace on Saturday and we’ll be in heaven.
I’d love Gilmour to score

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’d love Gilmour to score
Yes, that’ll add to the sweetness value... I’d like us to perform so well that we literally blow GPs new gilet off and mess his new hair up a bit.

There, I’ve said it.

Then Garth will have to find some new superlatives from his verbose thesaurus.

Last edited:

Jul 20, 2003
Of the BBC are allowed to write, 'The Crooks Of The Matter' I'm allowed to write, 'The Crooks Of Shit'.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Screenshot_2022-10-25-12-23-53-501_com.android.chrome.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here