Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back from Rotherham

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Leeds are getting the same sort of results we were getting in 02/03. They're not getting good results against sides at the bottom of the table. They've already lost to Albion, Gillingham and now Rotherham and they've drawn against Wolves, Cardiff, Forest and Crewe. That's not a good return of points.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!

:flameboun :flameboun

*keeps fingers very crossed for Sat!*
:clap:

No shame losing to Rotherham. could well happen to us on saturday.

but
were they still chanting "Champions of Europe" as they slid to this ignominious defeat .

Real Madrid must be quaking in their boots:lolol:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Went home lunchtime and watched the match! (It was repeated on Sky Sports 1). Apart from the first 10 minutes you would not know which team were the 'Champions of Europe' and which team were their provincial neighbours. Leeds probably had a bit more possession but they just didn't know what to do with it. The scoreline was certainly not a travesty.

PS - The best think though was looking at all the ecstatic Rotherham faces in the crowd especially when the fianl whistle went. For decases they've probably had to put up with constant taunts from Rotherham-based Leeds fans - this will give them bragging rights for years.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Brovian said:
Went home lunchtime and watched the match! (It was repeated on Sky Sports 1). Apart from the first 10 minutes you would not know which team were the 'Champions of Europe' and which team were their provincial neighbours. Leeds probably had a bit more possession but they just didn't know what to do with it. The scoreline was certainly not a travesty.

PS - The best think though was looking at all the ecstatic Rotherham faces in the crowd especially when the fianl whistle went. For decases they've probably had to put up with constant taunts from Rotherham-based Leeds fans - this will give them bragging rights for years.

The whole of Yorkshire will enjoy that.

Eastbourne Hammer

Nov 19, 2004
Duh.......
Just like to say from the West Ham fans

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........

That's nearly as bad as losing at home to Brighton......... errrr....... :nono:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ronnie moore looked a relieved man at the end of the match - hell, it was like they'd won 3 points that took them to one match of promotion

pollit is sheer class, and campbell-rhys looks very dangerous, and he'll be up against dan harding

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Watching the game, Rotherham were embarassingly bad for the first 20 minutes or so, it seemed like a question of when, and how many Leeds would score. Carlisle launched a one man attack on the Millers' woodwork. Even at the end, Rotherham defended like a pub team, belting the ball anywhere for at least the last 20 minutes.

While it's never disappointing to see the self appointed Most Massive Club In The Championship (kind of like winning the World's Tallest Dwarf Competition that one) lose humiliatingly, I couldn't work out whether Rotherham's win was a good thing or not.

On the one hand I thought "brilliant, it saves us the inevitable shame of being the first, possibly only team to lose to them all season".

Then on the other hand I thought "crap, now they'll be full of confidence and self belief for Saturday".

Having said that, we were well happy after beating Leeds but have been, apart from at West Ham, pretty crap since then, so here's hoping it's a case of after the Lord Mayor's show for the not so merry Millers.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have been thinking along the same lines Edna.

I really wish Rotherham and Leeds would swap places in the division as I admire Ronnie Moore. He has done a lot with very little. (sorry Starry)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Yorkie said:
I have been thinking along the same lines Edna.

I really wish Rotherham and Leeds would swap places in the division as I admire Ronnie Moore. He has done a lot with very little. (sorry Starry)

looks like he could be leaving at the end of the season as well, as the clud won't be able to afford to keep him:nono: :nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
David M said:
I am really pleased for the chuckle brothers:lolol:

Have I ever told you that Ned's Mum worked with their Mum? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here