Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back from Maidstone - Brief Summary

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just back from Maidstone.

I realise it was 'only' a friendly, but for interest.....

We played a different team in each half.

First half: Casper (replaced by Brez at 30 mins), Calderon, Painter, Vincelot, El-Abd, Dicker, Rogers, Sparrow, Noone, Lua-Lua, CMS.

Dominated possession as you would expect, the goal (I think) was scored by Dicker in off the bar, following a good run and cross by Lua Lua. Defensively we struggled a bit aerially and Casper was very 'flappy' for the period he was on. Rogers looked good on the ball and was always available. Lua-Lua looked hungry and very dangerous. I'm sorry to say CMS was quite disappointing and his movement was not what it should be. (Yes, its only a friendly).

They had a couple of chances and Brez made a good save at the feet of the forward.

Second half: Brez (replaced by Tomasz Kuscschak at 60 mins) Bruno, Sampayo, Greer, Dunk, Harley, Bridcutt, Buckley, Toby, Ashley, Hoskins.

The second half team moved the ball about much more quickly against a tiring Maidstone team. Hoskins movement in comparison to CMS was excellent and his goal was due to this, great pass by Barnes and a cool finish. Toby then went on a mazy dribble and was brought down, Barnes converted the penallty. Then a great team move innvolving apprix 5 slick passes sent Barnes through and he clipped it over the keeper in great style. Finally another flowing move gave the Barnes the chance to slot home.

Bruno looked class and Calderon has a real fight on his hands.
Kuscschak dominated the area.

Obviously only a friendly but lots of promise......

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
According to the officialbhafc twitter and commentators on stones live, CMS scored the first, but didn't know much about it, dicker's shot came off the bar and went in off cms.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Seems like Bruno is gonna be a proper star this season

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I've always rated Hoskins when I've seen him play. Would love to see him get a real run in the team this year.

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
Agree with the main points....was a solid performance throughout. Bruno has the potential to be a proper class act...and was good to see Greer and Dunk at centre back again

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
He missed a sitter....worked hard but his confidence seemed a bit low. Even Gus was trying to gee him up at the end

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Just back from Maidstone.

I realise it was 'only' a friendly, but for interest.....

We played a different team in each half.

First half: Casper (replaced by Brez at 30 mins), Calderon, Painter, Vincelot, El-Abd, Dicker, Rogers, Sparrow, Noone, Lua-Lua, CMS.

Dominated possession as you would expect, the goal (I think) was scored by Dicker in off the bar, following a good run and cross by Lua Lua. Defensively we struggled a bit aerially and Casper was very 'flappy' for the period he was on. Rogers looked good on the ball and was always available. Lua-Lua looked hungry and very dangerous. I'm sorry to say CMS was quite disappointing and his movement was not what it should be. (Yes, its only a friendly).

They had a couple of chances and Brez made a good save at the feet of the forward.

Second half: Brez (replaced by Tomasz Kuscschak at 60 mins) Bruno, Sampayo, Greer, Dunk, Harley, Bridcutt, Buckley, Toby, Ashley, Hoskins.

The second half team moved the ball about much more quickly against a tiring Maidstone team. Hoskins movement in comparison to CMS was excellent and his goal was due to this, great pass by Barnes and a cool finish. Toby then went on a mazy dribble and was brought down, Barnes converted the penallty. Then a great team move innvolving apprix 5 slick passes sent Barnes through and he clipped it over the keeper in great style. Finally another flowing move gave the Barnes the chance to slot home.

Bruno looked class and Calderon has a real fight on his hands.
Kuscschak dominated the area.

Obviously only a friendly but lots of promise......

£3.5 million McSmudger did not score,no surprises there then

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Is it just me or does the team become much more attacking when CMS is off the pitch? That second half team is so attacking, Bridcutt and Harley the only central midfielders with Toby, Buckley and Barnes all supportung Hoskins. Last season as well, every time we went with 2 wingers in the second half, CMS always came off... Coincindance rather than conspiracy.

Barnes hattrick, lovely stuff.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
CMS poaches a goal from on the line but gets no credit from people who are determined he should fail.
Barnes nets a hat-trick but is still useless

Nothing much changes in the wonderful world of BHAFC does it :lol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In terms of the CMS goal, I didn't see him get the final touch, but we were standing up the other end and there was no announcement.

Toby looked dangerous on the ball, I do wish he'd 'pull the trigger' now and again though as a couple of times he had the opportunity from about 18 yards and looked to lay it off instead....... of course time is on his side and I'm sure he'll gain in confidence.

Regarding the CMS comment, he wasn't dreadfully poor just disappointing, but for me the movement thing was more apparent due to the fact that Hoskins was working the line better and playing off the last defenders shoulder......

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Mutts Nuts doesn't have anything positive to say after a 5-0 win and Ashley Barnes hat-trick, no surprises there then.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Erm I think he DID score :lol:

1 friendly against Maidstone and you're seriously getting on his back and bringing up his pice tag? Get. A. Grip. :facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
CMS poaches a goal from on the line but gets no credit from people who are determined he should fail.
Barnes nets a hat-trick but is still useless

Nothing much changes in the wonderful world of BHAFC does it :lol:

People have REALLY got to get behind CMS this yr. I really don't get this myth he's not very good?! Excellent footballer IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here