Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back from 'Dale

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
What a superb game of football, end to end, both sides very good going forward and a draw was definitely a fair result. For once I have very little grief to give to our fans, who I thought were loud and in relatively good numbers and kept cringeworthy songs to a minimum, too. Well done, anyone know the official figure?

The game was a little spoilt by the referree, although in the end he certainly did us a favour by not giving a penalty for one of the most blatant handballs you are ever likely to see.

We need El Abd back asap as our defence clearly misses him, no disrespect to Tommy however who showed some nice touches, including a Greer-esque defence splitting pass (disguised as a hoof) which Wood should have done better with.

As for the outcome, I see it as another point closer to promotion. Only 8 needed now, and we are still on for the promotion party at Walsall in a fortnight!

Special mention to the Rochdale DJ, who I am quite frankly going to be emailing and asking to do my wedding should the occassion ever come around!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Don't worry. After Gus's interview El-Abd is a nailed on cert next week. He was spitting feathers, without mentioning names. But he did mention Elphicks handball that should have been a second penalty for Rochdale.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Don't worry. After Gus's interview El-Abd is a nailed on cert next week. He was spitting feathers, without mentioning names. But he did mention Elphicks handball that should have been a second penalty for Rochdale.

I dont think Gus likes the way tommy sometimes plays the long ball

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Special mention to the Rochdale DJ, who I am quite frankly going to be emailing and asking to do my wedding should the occassion ever come around!

Totally agree. Best ever, and Tube Station first song at half time!! Watch and learn Atilla!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Good game, end to end stuff. We battered them for the first 15 minutes but after that it was pretty even, happy with a point in the end especially as the ref bottled giving them a pen for handball at the death :lolol:

Not much else to say, good turnout from us, enjoyable day, bring on sheffield next week

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

I thought the "music" was truly awful. The most unpleasant and loudest racket imaginable. You'll need to merry a deaf woman.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I thought the Handball by Elphick was blatant, but I don't think Tommy did anything wrong. It wasn't his thought for the equalising penalty, the penalty was given away by Kishishev. I thought he dealt with the handful which was O'Grady quite well, but Gordon was the one who kept giving needless fouls away in dangerous areas with climbing all over his back, but saying that O'Grady was superb yesterday. but I would take the point at a place like Spotland, but we really should of buried them in the first half with how many numerous chances we had.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Totally agree. Best ever, and Tube Station first song at half time!! Watch and learn Atilla!!

Quality music throughout - Stone Roses, Charlatans and Inspirals before the game, Vaccines at half time. Pies were top drawer too. By the way, did anyone get interviewed by that wierd guy in a blue blazer claiming to be from a video website before the game?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Did anyone go in the chippy behind the away stand?

My chips curry sauce and fishcake was ridiculously nice. You've got to hand it to the northerners, they know how to do a good chip shop, the ones in haywards heath are total shite compared to that and more than double the price and Brighton's not much better.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I had to ask Russ for a translation of what was being said on the PA but he didn't have a clue either :laugh:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately anywhere has better chippies than Haywards Heath as most are crap and are very expensive. There was a a very good cheap chippie in Elland Rd nearly opposite Leeds ground some years ago when I last went there. We stopped at one coming home from Stoke near Shepshed as we were diverted due to M1 being closed and it was brilliant.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Quality music throughout - Stone Roses, Charlatans and Inspirals before the game, Vaccines at half time. Pies were top drawer too. By the way, did anyone get interviewed by that wierd guy in a blue blazer claiming to be from a video website before the game?

Yea, I was interviewed by him too. The guy said it should be on the website from 1800 this evening.

Completely agree about the playlist prior to kick-off; anthem after anthem..:thumbsup:

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
Billy the Fish. It was called Willbutts Lane fish and chip shop, had the Rag (meat and suet pudding), gravy and chips - fantastic!
Also went to the Cemetary Hotel, what a lovely boozer that was.
All in all great day out 9/10.

Last edited:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
How can anyone complain at about Inspiral Carpets, The Jam, The Vaccines, The Stone Roses and even a Kid British song at the end?!

Also went to the Cemetary Hotel, World of Sport, and thought it was a decent pub too. Shame it was rammed out very soon after we arrived (usually not a problem but there was only a small bar) but nonetheless, perfect place to sit outside in the sun with our drinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here