Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baby on Board ... who gives a feck!

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
I can not beleive you lot are getting so wound up with what other people like to do in THEIR car, next you'll be telling us we can't have Green Curtains on a Friday....

let them have their little stickers in THEIR car...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
jmc said:
I can not beleive you lot are getting so wound up with what other people like to do in THEIR car, next you'll be telling us we can't have Green Curtains on a Friday....

let them have their little stickers in THEIR car...

but JMC its those kind of people who are a hazard on the road, they seem to think that by preaching to the rest of us the world will be a safer place, without considering what they may be doing wrong themselves.

mobile phones are still used by many people on the roads, it is not clamped down on at all. I do over 30 000 miles a year and I see it all the time, slowing down doesnt help, turn the thing off! :angry:

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
now mobile phones are different - it's illegal and the OB are doing sod all about it...

I think nokia etc shouldmake there phones like housebricks - try and drive with one of them in yer ear!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Driving to the station this morning, I had the "pleasure" of seeing an old battered white astra van, being driven in the middle of the road by a neanderthal holding a cup of cofee and I swear he was changing the chanel on his radio with his other hand.

He had tools etc piled so high there was no way he could see out of the back of his window and he didn't have a drivers side mirror.

His "mate" was chatting on his mobile.

I assumed he was pulling over at one point and moved to overtake him and the van swerved violently in front of me causing me to brake sharply. I pipped him and was subjected to a volley of abuse. I parked to get the train and saw him in the newsagents buying the Sun and some girly mag and a lottery ticket. He could not see how much money he had in his hand and gave the assistant a handful of change.

Why do they let some people on the roads?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
dave the gaffer said:

Why do they let some people on the roads?

why do they let some of them out of the maternity ward . . . . they should be sent straight to the natural history museum to act as guides . . . .to help add that air of medieval authenticity :lolol:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
There is a car round the corner from me that has a "Twins on Board" sticker, I've never seen any twins in the car, maybe it means the car has twin carbs? (bit racey for a Volvo mind!!)

Not sure about the Ambulance point really, they'd be looking a long time to find the Stadium I've got squirrelled away in the back of my motor!!!

:lolol:

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
jmc said:
I think nokia etc shouldmake there phones like housebricks - try and drive with one of them in yer ear!

Didn't mobile phones used to be like that:

_1204835_man300.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
quality Matt. . . .that was the 'vodafone Breeze' wasnt it . . . .early 90's, modelled loosely on what they built Sussex Uni out of.

Curious Orange . . . .could be twin exhausts.

the best bumper sticker was in Viz a few years back . . .in fact there where two, one said 'I'm speeding cos I'm touching cloth' and the other said 'caution, Dogs eggs in transit' so funny I nearly shat myself :eek: :lolol:

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
On the back of my car, I've got a large Albion sticker, one of those "Christian fish stickers", and no "Baby on Board" stickers, even though I invariably have 2 children under 3-and-a-half in the car with me...

What does that make me?!

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Selly Oak Seagull said:
On the back of my car, I've got a large Albion sticker, one of those "Christian fish stickers", and no "Baby on Board" stickers, even though I invariably have 2 children under 3-and-a-half in the car with me...

What does that make me?!

A thug wearing sandals

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
One i saw recently said "if you think this car is dirty try spending a night with the driver!"

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
My mate had an old Vauxhall Chavette years ago with a sign saying - If this car was a horse i'd shoot it.
Well i thought it was funny.:lolol: :lolol:

Indefatigable

Mar 23, 2004
zefarelly said:
yes you can drive quickly and safely . . . .the police are trained to do exactly that, and on the whole I think they do, when they need to, even though I'm not their biggest fan!

are you saying you have to be trained to drive quickly and safely ?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Indefatigable said:
are you saying you have to be trained to drive quickly and safely ?

not exactly, but there are huge saftey benefits in having training, particularly on the road, but your not likely to get it from BSM!

I've had instruction from professional drivers, which I only done and used on the track as I've recently started racing, which is a completely different scenario, and again the driving technique is different, but safer in as much as your much more in tune with what the cars doing, and lets facxe it, most people dont know how a car works !

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHT ON Q said:
My mate had an old Vauxhall Chavette years ago with a sign saying - If this car was a horse i'd shoot it.
Well i thought it was funny.:lolol: :lolol:

Chavette

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Think you mean Chevette, but Chavette is somehow much better. A female version of a Chav perhaps (see Croydon, East).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
All i can think of when i read this thread title is The Simpsons Episode with Homer in his Barber Shop Quartet the " Be Sharps":lolol: :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Chevettes where always called Shove-its . . . .something to do with Vauxhauls reliability in the 70's

I wouldnt know myself as I was busy overtaking on my BMX ! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here