Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baby on Board ... who gives a feck!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I was following a car home this evening with one of those stupid "Baby on Board" signs in the back window.

So effing what?? Who gives a damn what you've got in your car??

I seriously hope none of the posters on here are sad enough to have one (a sign, not a baby!) ... although having given it some thought there are a few who probably do ...

Anyone going to admit it?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Agreed. A stranger's baby is no more important to me than any other life.

Mind you, there's worse - my step-mother has "Slow down for horses" stickers in the back of her car.

In case you didn't get the message, there's THREE of them. :lolol:

Last edited:

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
They are warning you that there is a baby in the car in front and that you should be more considerate when driving, keep your distance and lessen the risk of an accident (during which a baby cannot fend for its self).

I assume you do not have children yourself. When you do, you will realise that you will do anything to protect them.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
the best one i've seen is 'sign on board' made me chuckle :)

Max's Dad

Jan 2, 2004
Eastbourne
The point of them is, if the vehicle is in a crash the emergency services know there is a very small human being likely to be squashed somewhere inside. Also, if the signs deter just 1 per cent of drivers from aggressive tailgating, lives may possibly be saved and injuries avoided. Then again you may look at the stickers and say "who gives a feck?"

Crazy Cornish Gal

Dec 26, 2003
Brighton
They are also very good in the case of an accident as the emergency services will know there could be another person trapped in the mangled wreckage that they may not be able to see

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Originally to let the emergency services know that there MIGHT be a kid in the car if it has been involved in an accident.

Now only serves as a "Beware-totally shit driver in front of you who thinks that having their 'kid on board' gives them priority over every other road user in every possible circumstance and if I want to park three feet from the kerb then I bloody well will!".:lolol:

bhanuts

Jul 5, 2003
goldstone said:
I was following a car home this evening with one of those stupid "Baby on Board" signs in the back window.

So effing what?? Who gives a damn what you've got in your car??

I seriously hope none of the posters on here are sad enough to have one (a sign, not a baby!) ... although having given it some thought there are a few who probably do ...

Anyone going to admit it?

I have got one!

Am I sad then?
or are you the sad one for posting such tripe?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Crazy Cornish Gal said:
They are also very good in the case of an accident as the emergency services will know there could be another person trapped in the mangled wreckage that they may not be able to see
surely that means they've got to take it down when theres no child in the car!

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
I saw someone who had 'SLOW DOWN FOR BADGERS, GO TO FAST AND YOU WILL MISS THE f***ing THINGS'. Had me in stitches for most of the journey home :lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Crazy Cornish Gal said:

But a dangling sign in the back of a car could come off in a big accident, whereas discrete, bright stickers on either side would easily be seen.

Also, a baby chair would offer a reasonable clue to emergency services that a baby is aboard, whereas a sign doesn't guarantee anything.

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Max's Dad said:
If you'd have hit one you may well have ended up in stitches.

Interesting sense of humour you have there...

Just if you had seen the car and all the other stickers it was very funny :cool:

Crazy Cornish Gal

Dec 26, 2003
Brighton
True but i think that was the general idea and it just caught on

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Don't really care what stickers or badges people put on their cars, but it did occur to me that if I am ever close enough to the car in front to actually read them then it might be time to call the insurance company and a tow truck.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
I've got an Albion scarf and stickers in my car,does that mean if I have a crash they will look for the whole f**king team ? Should I have a mini kit so they know Leon Knight might also be in the car ?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
' STOP FOR ROADKILL, support your local service station'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here