Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ba Ba Black Sheep - why ban it?

Ba Ba Black Sheep - whats the deal?

• Madness - Nothing wrong with Ba Ba Black Sheep

Votes: 46 79.3%
  • I can't understand why you'd be offened by that.

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • I can understand why you'd be offened by that.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quite right - That song is clearly racist.

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So this is actually a load of lies, and the plan by Birmingham Council to change the lyrics was dismissed.

From the BBC:

A warning that the nursery rhyme Baa Baa Black Sheep should not be taught in schools because it is "racially offensive" has been scrapped.

The guidelines by education chiefs at Birmingham City Council were dropped after black parents condemned the advice as ridiculous.

Still expect this to get to 10 pages of hysterical Daily Mail reader adn BNP Voter rantings though.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Does anyone know what the PC brigade have done to "My friend Billy had a ten foot willy"? Surely this rhyme must refer to a well endowed gentlefellow of African descent and needs to be multi-culturalised for the sake of racial harmony!!:(

Hungry Joe said:
I still prefer the original "you can tell them all that we stand or fall", brings a tear to my eye that.

Agreed. A debate on that would be much more interesting than the pedantic nonsense Brovian is obsessed with.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Boss said:
Does anyone know what the PC brigade have done to "My friend Billy had a ten foot willy"? Surely this rhyme must refer to a well endowed gentlefellow of African descent and needs to be multi-culturalised for the sake of racial harmony!!:(
I heard that, at nursery school in Westdene, Patcham and Mile Oak, they now have ALL 2 years old singing "my dead granny had a 2 foot FANNY" - and all for the sake of gender equality. It's PC GONE MAD.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
The Boss said:

As far as I'm aware they showed it to the girl next door. She thought it was a snake and hit it with a rake and now it's only 5 foot 4.

This could be another urban myth though.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Man of Harveys said:
I heard that, at nursery school in Westdene, Patcham and Mile Oak, they now have ALL 2 years old singing "my dead granny had a 2 foot FANNY" - and all for the sake of gender equality. It's PC GONE MAD.

That's a great rhyme though. I love it when the local kids sing "and she showed it to the Greek next door. He thought it was a kebab and went to fetch his dad and now it's covered in chilli sauce and more"

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Hungry Joe said:
That's a great rhyme though. I love it when the local kids sing "and she showed it to the Greek next door. He thought it was a kebab and went to fetch his dad and now it's covered in chilli sauce and more"
On a day of much humourless self-righteous nonsense on here, that has really made me chuckle very much indeed.:lolol:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
Agreed. A debate on that would be much more interesting than the pedantic nonsense Brovian is obsessed with.
But I'm RIGHT!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Albion Dan said:
Still expect this to get to 10 pages of hysterical Daily Mail reader adn BNP Voter rantings though.

You'll also note that the orginal non-story is almost seven years old. That won't stop the Daily Mail running it as breaking news though.

Brovian said:
It's no good you yawning at me matey, just 'cos you're a bloody Falmer Cross holder.

:) Yes, and it makes ALL of my points more valid than yours. So there.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Am I right in thinking that Gollywogs were banned a few years ago? Or am I just typing complete bo**ocks again?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Adriodinho said:
We have more white sheep on the farm than black sheep.

Am I racist?

:lolol:

you live on a farm?

That may explain a lot

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Serious point

there was an Agatha Christy novel called " Ten little Niggers".

has that been banned? can you still get it?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I know you cant get Tin Tin in the Congo over here. They never translated it officially. But you can still buy the Belgian version and an english version but its not published by the people who publish the other "official" ones.

They also put caveat in the fact that this was written in 1920 or whatever so dont be offended by the views of the time.

I believe also on a recent showing on tele of the dambusters they used the overdubbed Trigger (US) version instead of ****** for Guy Gibsons dog?

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Trufflehound said:
You'll also note that the orginal non-story is almost seven years old. That won't stop the Daily Mail running it as breaking news though.

akin to Baker running with the Hotel story

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here