Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B&HCCs Falmer Public Inquiry costs - confirmation

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Remember when some of us were arguing the toss with that CACKBADGER Septicman (or antifalmer as he is known on here) on the Argus reply forums over his assertion that B&HCC had spent \\\\\\\"at least double\\\\\\\" that of LDC on the public inquiry ? Well, I emailed B&HCC a few weeks back to ask them what their costs were so I could shut him up. I;ve just had this reply from BH&CC:

Dear Dave,

I apologise for the delay in replying to your original question. This was partly due to key people being on leave.

The answer to your question is that a total of £62,583 was incurred by this council over the course of the two public inquiries in 2003 and 2005.

I hope this is helpful.

Chris Mortimer
Project Manager
Major Projects Team

So there ya go. £62,583. The article that triggered this little debate off was this one

http://www.theargus.co.uk/search/display.var.1574417.0.140_000_spent_on_falmer_fight.php

where is was revealed that LDC had spent £140,000 on lawyers fees fighting the stadium. Oh, and here is Septicmans post, that he later refused point blank to back up with any FACTS, claiming that he had researched this for himself and that we should do the same.

Posted by: Septicman, Brighton on 1:29pm Thu 26 Jul 07
If the Argus were to make some enquiries of the council in Brighton & Hove, they would find they have spent at least double that of LDC.

We all knew he was blowing it out of his arse, but its nice to get the official confirmation, like. Maybe he just got confused, and meant to say that B&HCCs costs were LESS THAN HALF those of LDCs ? The article on the Argus is dead and buried now, so not worth replying on there now. Maybe he antifalmer is still lurking on here and can perhaps explain himself ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was going to put it on their Local News forum on the Argus (where he seems to hang out), but I can;t get on there from work. If anyone who posts on that forum wants to paste Mr Mortimers reply on there for dear old Septics attention, then be my guest.

:)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dear Septic.

Not just a cackbadger, but an OWNED cackbadger.

Kisses

NSC

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That wasn;t the question though m20gull

The issue was the PUBLIC INQUIRY expenses. LDCs were £140k, B&HCCs, we now know, were less than HALF that (despite Septicman swearing blind that he had information to hand showing that they were at least DOUBLE).

Doesn;t matter now of course, in the great scheme of things. We got the stadium, thats that. But I intend ruining him later on those forums when I get time. We told him so many times he was full of shit. Now we have categorical proof, and I shall expose it to ensure if he ever uses the name Septicman on there, whatever he is commenting on, there is a very good chance that he is lying through his teeth. Just another small victory. Petty I know, but hey, it passes the day.

:thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
psst....what about the cost of teh land?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'd say on balance it was £62,583 pretty well spent, bearing in mind the city ought to be re-imbursed that much in spin-offs just from the first match. Lewes' costs might take a bit longer to replenish, mind.

Easy, send that council reply to the Arsegas, if only to set up a new forum for you to CACK all over Septic once again. Septic will claim all sorts of screaming wailing conspiracies, 'the council is lying', 'they haven't included the full amount' etc etc.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Could do, TLO.
Not sure if they;d be that interested in running a story on it though. Its an interesting fact to find out within the context of our own little spat with Septic, but in terms of making a story ? I dunno. I;ll check with this Chris Mortimer chap to see if he minds the figure being quoted in the Argus. I assume it wouldnt be a problem, public info and all that, but its polite to ask isnt it.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Could do, TLO.
Not sure if they;d be that interested in running a story on it though. Its an interesting fact to find out within the context of our own little spat with Septic, but in terms of making a story ? I dunno. I;ll check with this Chris Mortimer chap to see if he minds the figure being quoted in the Argus. I assume it wouldnt be a problem, public info and all that, but its polite to ask isnt it.

Can you feel a letter to the Argus coming on?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Could do, TLO.

Go for it.

Email the story to Simon Barrett at the Arsegas. He'd be well interested. The September 4th deadline is coming up, and I suspect the Arsegas will be running some kind of story that day. They can throw that little nugget of information into the piece.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Go for it.

Email the story to Simon Barrett at the Arsegas. He\'d be well interested. The September 4th deadline is coming up, and I suspect the Arsegas will be running some kind of story that day. They can throw that little nugget of information into the piece.
As the Argus seems to come on here for half its Albion stories, theyll probably be aware soon anyway. But I might cobble something together over the weekend.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sorry Easy.

I know for a fact that Simon Barratt is busy at the moment - he's planning an expose on illegal cat boxing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here