Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ay Caramba...bye bye Simpsons....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
TBH, this is overdue really, today the BBC have been told to cut back and that inevitably means losing jobs OR cutting the pay for top stars. Top performers pay has outstripped inflation for too long and now and, in a time of recession and general austerity how can it be fair that those who earn the most can't have a reduction of income like the rest of us ?

Eventually, this effect could start to occur in football too, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The show has been dead for years and should have been killed off long ago.

There are young people today who'll see the more recent episodes and just not understand what all the fuss was about. Seasons 1 - 8 are untouchable but everything since has been consistently poor and it's a travesty that the shell of the show it is now carries the same name as the peerless programme it was in the 90s.

Dead Homer Society is a great site celebrating the show's early years and lambasting what it has become as "zombie Simpsons". Worth a look if you're a fan
Nice link.

I use Eye On Springfield for a quick laugh and reminder of The Simpsons when it was good.

It's depressing that there's now more bad episodes of The Simpsons than good... and they are as bad as the good were good. Truly f***ing woeful. I hope it is finally ended.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would also put out there that this is also very likely part of the negotiations. Make the cast out to be greedy and the heat is on them to cut a deal, or perhaps fox are thinking of cutting the show anyway and using this as a way to gauge temperature if enough people create a fuss over the prospect, maybe extend it a little while if everyone is like a lot of people in this thread 'it's run its course' then go ahead and cut it and the cast take any heat.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Paycut agreed.

The Simpsons Stars Agree to Pay Cutsand Get a Two-Year Lease on Life! - E! Online

Interesting bit:
Yesterday, the series' top producers agreed to a paycut, but they already have the back-end deals—a cut of the royalties from merchandise, syndication and other revenue streams—that Shearer and his costars have been seeking for themselves.

Seems they get so much per episode because they don't get that back end deal. Looking at the article, it seems they'd be willing to take a 70% pay cut if they got those back end benefits (which aren't guaranteed amounts of money as they rely on sales)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Simpsons has gone way past it's sell by date I agree but to be honest Family Guy has too, the last series was pretty average.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here