Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Awful news coming in from Southport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You're generally not worth replying to. I'm happy that the moderator above answered my query. Go back to your hate room .
It’s interesting that you won’t answer, but best to leave it there as an ongoing investigation.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Only been to Wales once and that was for the play off final , drove overnight and parked in Newport in my company car , the place was full of broken glass and vomit , vowed never to return and have been true to my word (y)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I'll assume he'll be going to court pretty speedily?

Are the sentences different at a youth court compared to an adult court?

This is also assuming mental health has been ruled out

He’ll be in court to answer the charges and be remanded in custody within the next day or so I would have thought, but the trial could take a long time to happen, to give the police time to properly investigate the crime, collect evidence etc.

I’ve expanded my original post. The only difference is the starting point for length of sentence. For anyone under 18 it’s 12 years. For anyone over 18 it ranges from 15 to 30 years depending on pre-meditation, if a weapon was used etc. The age of the person when they carried out the crime will be the key factor not where the trial is held.

A youth court is designed to be less formal than an adult court, judges don’t tend to wear robes, no members for the public are allowed to attend etc. Everyone is normally referred to by their first names. There could be more strict reporting restrictions too.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Because some are literally chomping at the bit to turn this thread into Twitter
Thankyou for your response and I do hope you aren.t right.

I live in a field in France (and the wifi is hopeless ) and it's really hard to get just BBC and NSC on my computer, so I have no further way of gaining info.

I do care about it, as I have three daughters and threes sons and it's really, really hard not to start wondering and feeling empathy towards the victims and their families because of the horrific situation that has unfolded today.

PS: I will continue to do my best to ignore Guiness Boy.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
i didn’t ask you about a court defence. I want to know if you think someone who had full control of their mental health would randomly stab kids?
I can't imagine in anyway that he could have been mentally stable.

It might have been drugs, perhaps?

It might be a mental condition, perhaps?

I assume you won't be getting a diminished responsibility verdict if it was a drug fueled attack

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can't imagine in anyway that he could have been mentally stable.

It might have been drugs, perhaps?

It might be a mental condition, perhaps?

I assume you won't be getting a diminished responsibility verdict if it was a drug fueled attack
Thing is we DON’T KNOW ….this I guess will come out in the fullness of time….you are looking at a verdict when there hasn’t even been a trial yet

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Thing is we DON’T KNOW ….this I guess will come out in the fullness of time….you are looking at a verdict when there hasn’t even been a trial yet
I'm not looking for a verdict, I'm just trying to understand the process of the situation and the potential possibilities, while also replying to a question

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well this thread has taken a pretty awful turn.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not looking for a verdict, I'm just trying to understand the process of the situation and the potential possibilities, while also replying to a question
You did quote verdict in the last sentence…..and I think I’ll leave it at that

My thoughts for the families of the bereaved ….the injured and their families …who woke up this morning with no expectation of the horrific acts that have taken place

Good night

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Appalling, I know the area very well having lived there for the last 7 months. Only got back to London in the last couple of weeks.

Unlike London, that part of the world is like the country where everybody knows everyone, it's a very tight community.

The last place you would expect something like that to happen.

It's basically a NW version of Eastbourne.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Only been to Wales once and that was for the play off final , drove overnight and parked in Newport in my company car , the place was full of broken glass and vomit , vowed never to return and have been true to my word (y)
Apart from anything else, Newport is only just in Wales.
You can’t judge a whole country by that. Quite a bit of it is……. Well….. quite nice!, and that’s a gross understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here