Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Awayday Binfests Next Season

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
This season pretty much everyone who wanted a ticket has got one. However, say we go up and get some good away trips next year, how are the club going to sort out the superfan priority if we have 10,000+ season ticket holders/gold members?

OK, some of the JCL may not want to brave leaving the comfort of the Amex for trips around the country supporting the Albion, but presumably it will make it harder if we receive allocations of 2,500 to 4,000 next season or get a big away game in the Cup for blue or white members etc.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Why don't we wait to see if we're promoted first then find out?

If we aren’t promoted, the away allocations are likely to be smaller in any case so there is still a potential for a binfest when you have a season ticket priority list three or four times the likely maximum away allocation.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I heard a rumour that the priority will be based on how near you are to the half way line in the wsu, front to back first, then spreading out to the wings.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I can't see people falling over themselves to go to the likes of Barnsley, Leicester or Doncaster.

Leicester's a cracking away game. Some decent pubs and the chance for a curry afterwards. It's a fixture I've done several times and, if I didn't have the family, would be one of the prime trips for next season.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Having just checked the away allocations for the Championship we will be lucky to sell out at more than four. Lets say Palace, QPR (presuming they do not go up, which they will), Portsmouth and maybe two of the promoted teams if they are Bournemouth, Peterborough or Southampton. All the rest have allocations well above our average away support this season, in fact I would say binfests are less likely next season than this, as most of these teams have stadums much bigger than they need including several with 3,000 plus away ends. So binfests will have to be started over some other issue, I'm sure we will be able to find something.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Weren't the club going to introduce some sort of loyalty scheme?

I heard this too, I hope it is true. I want my superfan points to count for something.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Having just checked the away allocations for the Championship we will be lucky to sell out at more than four. Lets say Palace, QPR (presuming they do not go up, which they will), Portsmouth and maybe two of the promoted teams if they are Bournemouth, Peterborough or Southampton. All the rest have allocations well above our average away support this season, in fact I wiuld say binfests are less likely next season than this as most of these teams have stadums much bigger than they need including several with 3,000 plus away ends. So binfests will have to be started over some other issue, I'm sure we will be able to find something.

Average away attendences will go up next season should we gain promotion. However, I think you're right in highlighting those London-based teams as well as Portsmouth and Southampton in generating scraps to get tickets. Although Leeds and glamorous West Midlands clubs should also attract the new breed.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Pretty sure there is going to be a points system. I'd imagine it'll be something like:

100 points for being a season ticket holder
10 points for every game over 200 miles away
2 points for all other matches.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Pretty sure there is going to be a points system. I'd imagine it'll be something like:

100 points for being a season ticket holder
10 points for every game over 200 miles away
2 points for all other matches.

But does that count from previous seasons or is this only going to start from next season, it hasn't really been made clear yet

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Average away attendences will go up next season should we gain promotion. However, I think you're right in highlighting those London-based teams as well as Portsmouth and Southampton in generating scraps to get tickets. Although Leeds and glamorous West Midlands clubs should also attract the new breed.

The thing is we are not just talking an increase to sell these places out. Every stadium (almost) has an away allocation of 2,000 plus we would need to double our average if not more to fill these away ends. If we are going for promotion maybe a few of the midlands ones may be a problem but only if the club do not ask for an increased allocation (most clubs can allocate more than they do).

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Having just checked the away allocations for the Championship we will be lucky to sell out at more than four. Lets say Palace, QPR (presuming they do not go up, which they will), Portsmouth and maybe two of the promoted teams if they are Bournemouth, Peterborough or Southampton. All the rest have allocations well above our average away support this season, in fact I would say binfests are less likely next season than this, as most of these teams have stadums much bigger than they need including several with 3,000 plus away ends. So binfests will have to be started over some other issue, I'm sure we will be able to find something.

What he said ^

If we're getting multiple binfests about away tickets it means we're averaging 3000ish away fans. Can't see it happening except for the games Pantani has stated.

Hopefully the club will have a points scheme, definitely the fairest way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here