Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Tickets Next Season

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
ffs still people think we are a bigger club than we are!! realistically the only games people will struggle to get tickets for will be Palace and Pompy! as someone said tickets were still availlable for charlton the day before and thats in London,and Walsall on the day for our Champions party!!!! we wont sell out any midland club or further!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That is the one thing that the Club HAVE announced - when they launched the 1901 Club scheme.

They said it in the presentation when we signed up, but it does not appear in the licenses, so whilst it was talked about, it has not happened. Perhaps this is due to the fact they thought they would sell 500 1901 seats, and ended up selling 2500.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just because we have sold so many season tickets and 1901 seats, why do so many people think this will increase away attendances. People have bought season tickets to guarantee they can see every home match at a stadium 14 years in the making.

D

Deleted member 18477

it should go in priority for the first few games...

-1901's
-current WITHDEAN season ticket holders who have renewed for falmer.
-The NEW Falmer season ticket holders who dont have one at withdean
-blue, white members etc.

in my opinion it will be a joke if current withdean season ticket holders dont get some sort of priority after already seeing f***ing new people get season tickets with family and friends ahead of them for falmer just because brighton are in a new stadium. it's great were getting new fans but older fans that have sat in the withdean for years when the club needed us most should be rewarded!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I doubt it'll be a massive struggle, unless we're talking games where something major is at stake.

Existing Championship away capacities:

Barnsley 2,000 - 6,000
Burnley 2,100- 4,125
Bristol City 2,800
Cardiff 1,800
Coventry 3,000
Rusty shed in SE London 2,000
Derby 3,100
Doncaster 3,344
Hull 4,000
Ipswich 1,900- 2,400
Leeds 1,800 - 5,000
Leicester 3,000
Middlesbrough 4,500
Millwall 4,000
Norwich 2,500
Forest 4,750
Worst ground on South Coast 2,000 (cash only, payment up front?)
Preston 3,000 - 6,000
QPR 1,200 - 2,500
Reading 2,100 - 4,300
Scunny 1,650
Sheff Utd 3,000
Swansea 2,200
Watford 2,200

Those likely to come down from the Premier League-

Wolves 3,200
West Ham 2,200 - 3,600
Wigan 5,400
Blackpool 2,500

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That is the one thing that the Club HAVE announced - when they launched the 1901 Club scheme.

When the 1901 Club was launched it was said that members would receive priority for away games (or 'big' away games). This was one of the big ticket items.

But, in the final licencing document there is no mention of this. There is a section which specifies this final licencing document is definitive, enshrines all the rights and supersedes any previous presentations though. So I would not give too much weight to what was said at the time of launch. Especially as other items which were also mentioned at the time of launch have been dropped.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Who on earth has said 1901'ers get more "points" that normal STH's?

No one, i can`t see 1901 members getting priority just because they have more money than sense, to quote a famous Man U player ( the Prawn Sandwich Brigade)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No one, i can`t see 1901 members getting priority just because they have more money than sense, to quote a famous Man U player ( the Prawn Sandwich Brigade)

Well, I do not think 1901ers will get out and out priority but I do believe the away scheme will initially be skewed towards them. I think this will be compromise from the initial assertions about priority and the reality of over selling premium seats.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Assuming that the club are working their points system the same way others do, there's a chance 1901 members will get more starting points than "regular" season ticket holders and non-ST holders, due to paying that bit extra. However, I don't see many of those 2600 (the average away allocation next season will probably be around this or over) going to the northern aways, midweek, which will be worth a lot more loyalty points than say Southampton or West Ham, meaning by the time the FA Cup rolls around and there's a big marquee away tie, dedicated "regular" season ticket holders will probably be on the same amount of loyalty points as 1901ers.

Even if it takes a season to play catch up, it's not going to be 1901 members with a monopoly on big away tickets.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With other loyalty schemes, such as England mentioned above, is there a period after which points start to 'drop off'?

I'm assuming this is always the case in order to prevent it from being a completely closed shop.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
With other loyalty schemes, such as England mentioned above, is there a period after which points start to 'drop off'?

I'm assuming this is always the case in order to prevent it from being a completely closed shop.

For englandfans yes. You only carry your "caps" over from the last qualifying period.

This doesn't happen at Spurs or Arsenal and I think Chelsea is the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here