Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Away ticket sales

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is correct in that city is midweek but correct me if I'm wrong but I think only around 400 tickets have sold for that game which considering we took 1.5k to Newcastle and about that to United midweek that is what surprises me. I'm not going to City for the reasons you've said but Spurs, Arsenal and Wolves I don't think there are many issues.

No stay needed for Newcastle, back in a day on the train, despite an extra hour journey time due to engineering works in Yorks! I can understand why some might not go to Wolves but I can't understand fans not going to Arsenal and/or Spurs. Plenty with loyalty points will have done both in the past but we've only had two games at WHL (I believe) which fans could attend so there must be plenty that could take up the opportunity to get a ticket.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
This availability of tickets has opened it up for me to start going away again after a few years break. In the late 80s/90s I rarely missed an away. The boy now wants to go and I’ve sorted Wolves but looking at travel prices, grub and a beer or two, despite my wife and I having a slightly above average income (I think) away days in the future will be limited to about half a dozen or so

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This availability of tickets has opened it up for me to start going away again after a few years break. In the late 80s/90s I rarely missed an away. The boy now wants to go and I’ve sorted Wolves but looking at travel prices, grub and a beer or two, despite my wife and I having a slightly above average income (I think) away days in the future will be limited to about half a dozen or so

This is almost exactly where I am.

Also hardly missed a game home or away in the late 80s and 90s (probably stood near you at some place like Barnsley or Sunderland or Rotherham, think we got about 2-300 oop north in those days) and now have a son who loves an away day, but the budget will probably stretch to the same as yours. Have already done Villa, Saints and Spurs and would have done City if it had stayed last Saturday as a weekend away combined with the national football museum thing.

Doing Spurs again because I forgot to book Arsenal before they sold out and because it would be a bloody brilliant stadium for a day out if it wasn't located in such a massive shithole. The other one we've got out eyes on is Leeds. Would have considered Wolves but with no fast trains from Euston I can't be bothered. I've absolutely no desire to drive or take a coach to games. It's train or nothing,

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This, about as expected I reckon. Nothing to see here :shrug: Spurs is a right ballache travel-wise and Man City midweek is pretty much undoable for anyone working the next day.

Agree on City but Spurs is quite easy IMO and cheapish on the train and bonus of getting home at a reasonable time. Unlike the cup game which I didn't bother with

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More chance of us not losing in a depressingly predictable way, stinking the entire stadium out, away from home than at t'AMEX.

When tickets were released I text Jnr:-

'do you want to go to either Spurs or Wolves?'.
He replied
"Yes please"

Fudging idiot.

After a back and forth he's paying for the entire day v Spurs. ("I'm not taking my wallet").

Someone's in for a rude awakening.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Chelsea home and away. Arsenal home. Half a game at Leicester, Man U, Liverpool and Palace?

Something like that anyway.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

It comes to something when you list our best performances of the season yet we never won one of those.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A lot of people probably chose Spurs for the fa cup game instead of the league game. Arsenal has sold out. Man City midweek is tricky.

I thought 3000 people missed out on Spurs ? And no trains etc

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
This is correct in that city is midweek but correct me if I'm wrong but I think only around 400 tickets have sold for that game which considering we took 1.5k to Newcastle and about that to United midweek that is what surprises me. I'm not going to City for the reasons you've said but Spurs, Arsenal and Wolves I don't think there are many issues.

Man Utd away was nowhere near 1500, not even half that figure. Look how many ticket blocks we sold and the proximity of Utd followers to the normal away end

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We are boring beyond belief. Even worse, we are predictably boring. Not since Gillingham days when I had a ST for two loooong seasons has it felt more tiresome going to watch the Albion. But even then there was at least a sense of solidarity, a cause, a connection. Now we’ve got way overly paid ‘professionals’ who also can’t find the net. And yet it costs an ASTONISHING amount of money and at times, more effort to watch these losers. When you add up all the extras a day out at the football costs, and the sum total as a percentage of salary starts to become noticeable for many then it’s really not that hard to understand why thousands are leaving football to disappear up its own a rsehole. Besides, aren’t we supposed to just watch on TV now? That’s what the PL and club want us to do? It’s not just the Albion though, I’ve 2 other ‘legacy fan’ friends who STH for decades at their respective PL clubs who’ve jacked it in as well as other Albion friends. I guess with age, you see what’s important more clearly and with all the other mounting costs hitting everyone hard, PL football finds its self in a largely self imposed relegation spot because of pure greed. Many many fans will be priced out. Especially away games, where transport food and accommodation are other costs now starting to really bite.

Perhaps players and greedy agents will take a pay cut?
:stupid:

Are “thousands leaving football”. Not much sign of that at the Albion. A pretty normal season ticket renewal - where every year a similar number cancel their sts and this year no different - and that’s just two weeks ago, match days sell out and away games are hardly different this year so far compared to pre Covid. Some sell out , a few don’t. Perhaps in the autumn when the economy turns it might bite more but there’s also no evidence club want us to “watch TV” (they froze prices again), that older long-standing fans (some will of course) are no longer interested either home or away. Just look around any of the concourses. And I’d question the idea that fans aren’t connected to the club either. Just in different ways to how it was 10 or 20 or 40 years ago.

Mind you it can be a bit boring at times ha ha.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Granted it doesn't make any difference to London matches but the days of cheaper train tickets seems to have finished, plus the two Manchester games were/are mid week and Everton was on a Sunday.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Been to most this season apart from Burnley and Newcastle but the kick off times for Spurs and Man City take the piss. Tottenham again for a 12:30 no thanks, barely enough time for pints before.

Train is far too expensive and tedious for Wolves and Leeds.

Going to Arsenal, probably the last of the season for me.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
On the plus side, anyone moaning about the ‘closed shop’ and their lack of opportunity to grab loyalty points can do one…..

I was one that thought it was a closed shop (although I didn’t moan, I simply went non league when we were away) the Spurs cup game and a son now with a appetite for going as opposed to me just taking him, opened my eyes to the availability of tickets so now any ST holder or even member can get Wolves, Manchester x 2 etc and even Spurs. I’m looking forward to next season now, Although as previously mentioned I’ll have to limit it to one a month

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
This is almost exactly where I am.

Also hardly missed a game home or away in the late 80s and 90s (probably stood near you at some place like Barnsley or Sunderland or Rotherham, think we got about 2-300 oop north in those days) and now have a son who loves an away day, but the budget will probably stretch to the same as yours. Have already done Villa, Saints and Spurs and would have done City if it had stayed last Saturday as a weekend away combined with the national football museum thing.

Doing Spurs again because I forgot to book Arsenal before they sold out and because it would be a bloody brilliant stadium for a day out if it wasn't located in such a massive shithole. The other one we've got out eyes on is Leeds. Would have considered Wolves but with no fast trains from Euston I can't be bothered. I've absolutely no desire to drive or take a coach to games. It's train or nothing,

Them days eh? Only 100 or so at Roker Park, even less at Plymouth or Norwich in the Simod (?) cup. Even heading for promotion I think we only took about 300 to Doncaster. (They literally brought 12 to The Goldstone, albeit an evening match)

At the time, I seem to recall home fans being complimentary to those that travelled, none of this “your support is f***in shit...” because you’ve “only taken 1800” to a match 250 miles away

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It comes to something when you list our best performances of the season yet we never won one of those.
Ha fair point. In fairness, I'd go as far as saying we were absolutely incredibly good at Anfield, both games v Chelsea and the 2nd half at Leicester.

That we didn't win any of these probably tells you something but god knows what, we have bigger concerns than that atm.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Them days eh? Only 100 or so at Roker Park, even less at Plymouth or Norwich in the Simod (?) cup. Even heading for promotion I think we only took about 300 to Doncaster. (They literally brought 12 to The Goldstone, albeit an evening match)

At the time, I seem to recall home fans being complimentary to those that travelled, none of this “your support is f***in shit...” because you’ve “only taken 1800” to a match 250 miles away

:lolol: I was at Norwich. It was called the Zenith Data Systems cup (yes. I had to look it up) and we got stuffed, conceding 5. I think there were about 45 of us? Did the conga on the away terrace, mate got nicked for having a piss against a wall just feet from the toilets, last train back to London, walk from Liverpool St to Vic, train to Gatwick, 2 hours kip, first train to Brighton. And that was my 18th birthday present. I've recently told my boy a couple of these stories and he thinks they're glamorous, bless him.

Yeah, in general you were respected for going, although not in Chesterfield where they were happy to wreck a local pub themselves in order to chase us, nor the South Yorkshire miners we accidentally met in a pub in Wombwell.

Happy days mostly though and some great memories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here