Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away support at the Amex so far

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Donny:
Numbers 6/10 - might have expected a few more, despite the obvious teething problems
Noise 6.5/10 - got behind their team but no great shakes
Friendliness - 8/10 - no real problems that I could see. A couple of Albion twats in the train queue after the game were winding them up in a way they wouldn't have done to say, Millwall supporters, but they were fairly restrained.

20.5/30

Gillingham
I didn't go.

Blackpool:
Numbers 7/10 - probably 1,600 or so. Not bad for a side Blackpool's size
Noise 8/10 - quite impressive to be honest
Friendliness - 8/10 - again, mostly sound. Just a couple of twats on one of their sunshine buses getting all gobby outside the ground but to be fair they had just mugged us of two points.

23/30

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Donny:
Numbers 6/10 - might have expected a few more, despite the obvious teething problems
Friendliness - 8/10 - no real problems that I could see. A couple of Albion twats in the train queue after the game were winding them up in a way they wouldn't have done to say, Millwall supporters, but they were fairly restrained.

20.5/30

Gillingham
I didn't go.

Blackpool:
Friendliness - 8/10 - again, mostly sound. Just a couple of twats on one of their sunshine buses getting all gobby outside the ground but to be fair they had just mugged us of two points.

25/30

Blackpool fans were quality, quite a few of them were having a drink in the North Stand concourse after the game, mixing and chatting with the homes fans. T'was really nice.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Gillingham
Numbers 6/10 - Midweek game so tough to criticise but not huge numbers
Noise 7/10 - Not bad considering the game
Friendliness - 7/10 - Good really. Had a nice chat with a bloke on the P&R.

The friendliness award definately goes to Blackpool though.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Gillingham: Most bizarre chant - 10/10

Group of Gillingham fans in the queue for the train singing: "We'd rather be at Priestfield with our willies hanging out, we'd rather be at Priestfield with our willies hanging out, we'd rather be at Priestfield, rather be at Priestfield, rather be at Priestfield with our willies hanging out."

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Who'll be the first club to sell out the away end? Palace? Very poor show if they don't ...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Donny:

20.5/30

Gillingham
I didn't go.

Blackpool:

23/30

Sunderland
Numbers 8/10 - Great turnout for a tin pot cup and logistics
Noise 6/10 - some will say more, they got going more than the rest but i think my seat in WSU just doesnt hear that end well.
Friendliness 7/10 - No problems, had a laugh with group of lads post match but that was it

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Have we stopped getting that poster telling us the away fans have slashed all the seats after every game?

Ironic that he seems to have gone with Palace and Leeds on the horizon, when his little stories may actually have some truth in them.

pingpangpong

Aug 18, 2011
Gillingham: Most bizarre chant - 10/10

Group of Gillingham fans in the queue for the train singing: "We'd rather be at Priestfield with our willies hanging out, we'd rather be at Priestfield with our willies hanging out, we'd rather be at Priestfield, rather be at Priestfield, rather be at Priestfield with our willies hanging out."

Isn't this from Arsenal's chant "running round tottenham with our willies hanging out"
.... "singing I've got a foreskin haven't you?"

etc

Can't quite see the Gillingham relevance .

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i honestly didn't notice the sunderland fans at all (noise wise) and the ones i did try to chat to may as well have been peruvian , did not understand a bloody word of it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sunderland
Numbers 8/10 - Great turnout for a tin pot cup and logistics
Noise 6/10 - some will say more, they got going more than the rest but i think my seat in WSU just doesnt hear that end well.
Friendliness 7/10 - No problems, had a laugh with group of lads post match but that was it

think this sums it up well for me anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here