Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

away pub Watford fc

Prentice

Jan 24, 2011
The Oddfellows Arms is the away bar (also known as Mac Bar) but the Wetherspoons in town will be packed, all pubs are away/home fan friendly.

More information here..

Mac's Bar has always been good. Though full of Watford they let me in after we'd lost our tenth game in a row under Hinshelwood. I'd become seperated from my mates and was at the depths of depression (well, football-wise). The guy on the door said something like "you look like you need a drink".

Sussex 'orn

Jan 9, 2011
If you're looking for real ale, and one of you is driving then the 'Sportsman' in Croxley green is the Watford and District pub of the year with 6 microbrewery real ale hand pumps.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
From football grounds guide:
Where To Drink?
Christopher Harrison a visiting Middlesbrough fan recommends the 'Odd Fellows' (previously called 'Macs Bar') in Fearnley Street. 'It is only a couple of hundred yards from the ground and they even had a barbeque in the beer garden'. The bar is situated off Cassio Road and is clearly visible when taking the route to Vicarage Road from the town centre via Market Street. The pub is only a few minutes walk away from the away turnstiles. It has a large beer garden, with a covered area for smokers and offers from its barbecue, Burgers (�3) and Hot Dogs (�2.50). Even though it was very busy on my last visit, I was impressed with the service from behind the bar, getting served in reasonable time (even though it looked like you had no chance of getting near to the bar let alone being served!).

Otherwise the ground is in walking distance of the town centre, where along the High St you will find a few pubs including a large Wetherspoons outlet called the Moon Under Water, O'Neils and a Walkabout. If you are feeling peckish then if you are walking to the ground from the town centre then there are a number of eating establishments enroute. Please note that alcohol is not sold in the away section.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
On previous visits we normally have a few in the pub by the station then walk to Wetherspoons which is about half way between the station and the ground for a top up and then onto th ground. Always works pretty well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here