Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away games - how do you remember the game and who played where?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Genuine question as I was just reading the Mark Wright thread and you lot were talking about the MK Dons game. I remember the left side/right side thing, I remember the twat in the Spurs top and.......

That's it really. What's the secret? I'm f***ed if I can even recall who played for us let alone their wingers causing us trouble. Should I worry that my memory is going? Should I drink more? Is it worth trying to remember Brighton games? Is it just me who has this problem?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Can you remember much about Orient away either??

Maybe thats why ;)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm pretty crap at remembering anything about matches, even home games. Unless something spectacular happens I can rarely even recall results after a while. Example: Just about the only result I can remember with absolute certainty from last season was 5-0 vs Yeovil. I know we put 4 past Millwall, but I wouldn't like to have a bet on whether they scored or not.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Me too, I can never remember who is playing for the other team, nor do I really care!

Jan 30, 2008
genuine question as i was just reading the mark wright thread and you lot were talking about the mk dons game. I remember the left side/right side thing, i remember the twat in the spurs top and.......

That's it really. What's the secret? I'm f***ed if i can even recall who played for us let alone their wingers causing us trouble. Should i worry that my memory is going? Should i drink more? Is it worth trying to remember brighton games? Is it just me who has this problem?
shepherds bush ??

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
It's all about the DRINK innit

Orient (06/07) - nearly wet myself when the tube broke down after too many ciders
Cheltenham (06/07) - lost my clothes, money, tickets and phone after too many ciders
Hartlepool (07/08) - nearly got attacked in a pub after an incident with a skeleton after too many ciders
Orient (07/08) - ended up in A&E with a heart condition after too many ciders
Leeds (07/08 and 08/09) - lost the feeling in my legs after too many ciders

And it goes on.

My advice Buzzer old bean, is to increase your alcohol consumption

:thumbsup:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
im pretty good really especially with AWAY games, the rest of my life however is pretty f***ed up mainly due to forgetting everything :down:

For anyone that has ever seen you at an away game Buzzer this revelation will come as a real shock.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
i never remember anything, who played, what postion they played, who scored, the score and most of the time how i got home. its bad really

my memory on the other hand is shocking after a few pints so that explains everything. perhaps i need to go to football sober but thats not much fun

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
It's all about the DRINK innit

Orient (06/07) - nearly wet myself when the tube broke down after too many ciders
Cheltenham (06/07) - lost my clothes, money, tickets and phone after too many ciders
Hartlepool (07/08) - nearly got attacked in a pub after an incident with a skeleton after too many ciders
Orient (07/08) - ended up in A&E with a heart condition after too many ciders
Leeds (07/08 and 08/09) - lost the feeling in my legs after too many ciders

And it goes on.

My advice Buzzer old bean, is to increase your alcohol consumption

But, can you name the oppositions starting line up for those 5 games? Then I'd be WELL impressed.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
For anyone that has ever seen you at an away game Buzzer this revelation will come as a real shock.

!!!!!!!!!

He has always been CLEAN and SOBER. FACT.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
shepherds bush ??

I do remember that now you come to mention it. A whole load of hard as nails Albion getting off the train.

By kick-off in those games I couldn't remember my name, let alone the match details

Leeds away - were we all trying to chat up a fit as you like milf during the England game afterwards or am I imagining that too? I remember pissing off some Leeds ladies for turning my nose up at them when one of them said she shopped at Next.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Leeds away - were we all trying to chat up a fit as you like milf during the England game afterwards or am I imagining that too? I remember pissing off some Leeds ladies for turning my nose up at them when one of them said she shopped at Next.

She was delightful.

She was just about to cave in to our unique brand of sophisticated grooming when her husband removed her from the pub. I'm sure she will be waiting for us next season.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Genuine question as I was just reading the Mark Wright thread and you lot were talking about the MK Dons game. I remember the left side/right side thing, I remember the twat in the Spurs top and.......

That's it really. What's the secret? I'm f***ed if I can even recall who played for us let alone their wingers causing us trouble. Should I worry that my memory is going? Should I drink more? Is it worth trying to remember Brighton games? Is it just me who has this problem?

You sat next to me on the train going home. You were fantastically drunk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here