Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Fans At The Amex.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
For me there are so many aspects of the Amex to look forward to, a roof, reasonable food, beer in the ground, a decent atmosphere and countless others but I can't help but get excited by the prospect of being able to offer a decent allocation to away fans.

If we do achieve promotion this season, i'm pretty confident at least 10 teams will sell a couple of thousand tickets and with some big, well supported teams in the league, the atmopshere from the away end should be electric.

My question is, who do you most look forward to hosting at the Amex?
For me it would have to be Leeds, no question they are followed by wronguns and would probably cause trouble but they'd easilly sell out their allocation and can create a decent noise.

Thoughts?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Palace. As long as we have been defeated at least once at the Amex. I couldn't bear the thought of them being the first team to turn us over! Assuming Palace are still in The Championship. :D

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Palace. As long as we have been defeated at least once at the Amex. I couldn't bear the thought of them being the first team to turn us over! Assuming Palace are still in The Championship. :D

Nah, Scotland were the last team to beat England at Wembley and they don't go on about it....er

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
After the vocal support they brought I'd like to see FCUM in a cup tie in our new home

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
My question is, who do you most look forward to hosting at the Amex?
For me it would have to be Leeds, no question they are followed by wronguns and would probably cause trouble but they'd easilly sell out their allocation and can create a decent noise.

Thoughts?

Why on earth are you looking forward to Leeds fans at our ground? I could not think of any worse set of fans than them. I'd prefer the ones that you could throw a blanket over while we have OUR songs boomed around the stadium by our 22,450 supporters.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Fulham for me then we get a full away end but poor noise. And we get to see BobbyZ playing at the F. just like he always dreamed of!

PG

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Norwich for me. Always made tons of noise and loads of colour at Withdean.

They look like ManUre fans from a distance :laugh: Until you get close up and notice they've got 5 fingers and deformed ears.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Fulham for me then we get a full away end but poor noise. And we get to see BobbyZ playing at the F. just like he always dreamed of!

PG
Don't bank on Fulham selling out the away end, they've always been very poorly supported away from home. Loads of the people who watch them at the home aren't even Fulham fans, just people lured by cheap tickets and Prem football. I remember in the 90's when they barely averaged 4,000 at home.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Crippled Alice for me, and will laugh my arse off when they sing "Sh!t ground, no fans" to a sell out Falmer as the inevitably will, along with "We can see you holding hands", "Does your Boyfriend know you're here" and the old classic "Run from the Palace", ah bless 'um!

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Do you think your announcer will say "for your own safety would CPFC fans please remain in the ground for a short while after the match"

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Fulham for me then we get a full away end

Not likely. They only took 247 fans to a Monday night game at SCC once. I can't understand why their away following is so poor, when I went to a couple of the European games at Craven Cottage last season and the place was rocking. Yes, a lot of the fans were occasionals like me, but the whole Hammersmith End was standing and jumping up and down.

Wolves and Stoke fans would be good, provided they behaved themselves, and Millwall. A good turnout from Sheffield Wednesday would make for a good atmosphere too.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Why on earth are you looking forward to Leeds fans at our ground? I could not think of any worse set of fans than them. I'd prefer the ones that you could throw a blanket over while we have OUR songs boomed around the stadium by our 22,450 supporters.

Whilst I can't dispute the fact the club attracts some right dicks, imo with a scummy fan base comes a vocal crowd.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Not likely. They only took 247 fans to a Monday night game at SCC once. I can't understand why their away following is so poor, when I went to a couple of the European games at Craven Cottage last season and the place was rocking. Yes, a lot of the fans were occasionals like me, but the whole Hammersmith End was standing and jumping up and down.

Wolves and Stoke fans would be good, provided they behaved themselves, and Millwall. A good turnout from Sheffield Wednesday would make for a good atmosphere too.

I'm probably being thick, but where's SCC?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here