Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

away end (duck and cover)

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
One of my brothers is a Chelsea fan and in the old days, we would always go in the home end for the West London derby. First time at Loftus Road in what is now the Lower Loft, we scored and everyone around me went mental with rage ... looked across to my left to see a thick line of blue helmets about halfway along the terrace and everyone the other side of that line celebrating. It got worse cos the scum scored twice to beat us.

I've been in the Shed when we've scored and had to look at the ground and cover my face with my programme cos I was grinning from ear to ear. :lolol: That was quite scary though cos I was young and the neanderthals would stand at the back of the terraces, glaring at everyone as they came into the stand as though they were going to rip your head off.

I was also in block G at the Withdean a couple of months ago when Matthew Rose scored his 90th minute winner. Sat there with my insides going mental, watching the away end singing Pigbag, surreptitiously squeezing my daughter's hand in time with them. Sorry! :blush:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
i have just found out i will be sitting close to the away block of palace fans its going to be hard not to jump up and wiggle my arse if palace score?:lolol:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Hadlee said:
Spurs away in 1981

4 of us stood in the Home terracing around the halway line, with about 10 minutes to go Robinson scored the winner ! all of us managed to supress our joy except one bloke who shouted out "what a goal" to which some Tottenham lads clocked us saying "what are those c***s doing in our pen ?"

We got jostled a bit on our way out but nothing more !

I was in the shelf for that one too with a Spurs mate. Really wanted to be in with the Brighton mob when Robbo scored.

Went in the Holmsdale end for a pre-season friendly in the early eighties. As Madness would say,"Oh what fun we had!"

:lolol:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
brighton rock said:
anyone got any good storys about being in the home fans end at away matchs as i have this treat this weekend away at southampton?

Don't worry someone will wake you up at the end of the game and tell you it is time to go home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here