Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away days

jacknsk

Jan 1, 2012
This is a light hearted post, in which I would like to hear if any of you have any amusing stories from away games. :drink:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
plenty and plenty over the years,but cant discuss as my mate is currently writing a book on the subject:whistle:,cant wait to see it finished

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I was tripping out after drinking too much Um Bongo once and I had to leave at half-time when Kerry Mayo turned into a unicorn and Michel Kuipers started cooking an omelette whilst guarding his goal.
Propa nawty.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
plenty and plenty over the years,but cant discuss as my mate is currently writing a book on the subject:whistle:,cant wait to see it finished

Brighton ones or all teams? - keep us posted mate :)

as for me , not a whole lot - some truly funny away games (Brizzle Rovers last season spring to mind for many different reasons and stuff) and some strange things said over the years but my memory is shocking to tell you most of them!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was tripping out after drinking too much Um Bongo once and I had to leave at half-time when Kerry Mayo turned into a unicorn and Michel Kuipers started cooking an omelette whilst guarding his goal.
Propa nawty.

They have crack cocaine flavoured um bongo?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Got very drunk at Ipswich away circa 2005 and woke up the next morning at Southampton station!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
spent 4 days up in newcastle in '79 cos we couldnt remember where we parked the minibus

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
I believe one NSC user got so drunk after Walsall last season, that he ended up passed out in a park... in Northampton. :lolol:

Somebody who has family on here *naming no names* once offered to wank me off in the disabled toilets at Northampton. I declined on the basis she probably has more STI's than we do points this season.

Last edited:

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Brentford away in the 90's sometime , got fast train from London to East Croydon where a few of us were going to have a beer but made an unschedule stop at Selhurst , was a little drunk so fell out the door and onto the shingle , as it was Selhurst the platform was a lot shorter . Funny now but could of been more serious at the time .

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
I was at St Mary's earlier in the season and some twonk in a red and white shirt took a Tom Daly about a yard outside the penalty area and some idiot with a whistle gave a penalty.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Brighton ones or all teams? - keep us posted mate :)

as for me , not a whole lot - some truly funny away games (Brizzle Rovers last season spring to mind for many different reasons and stuff) and some strange things said over the years but my memory is shocking to tell you most of them!

brighton

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Me, my mate and our dads went up to priestfield (first time my dad had been back, and where he took me at 6 months old, and my mates dad bought a steak and kidney pie which apparently was sh*t but then ordered sh*t but then at half time he had two more. and another after the match. what made it funnier was that he complained to the staff at the stall and then ordered more.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
QPR away a few years back. A mate an I were running for the tube as the doors closed. He stuck his hands out to stop them shutting but all that happened was his burger getting caught in the doors. This led to us and a bloke on the train pulling the doors open to free the burger at about the same time I released we were on the wrong platform.

The same day palace were away in London (I think fulham when they were in the Prem) and about 20 of them were walking toward us down the road, my mate managed to get into the road to avoid them but as I went to there was a bus stop in the way which meant I had to walk through the middle of them receiving elbows etc until the last bloke for some reason felt the need to stop me and shout in my face 'shut up you mug' ... I hadn't said anything.

It was probably my favourite away game for things going wrong for us including road works on the way home. I believe it was new years day as neither of us had slept and felt horrendous. It looked like the players had been on it as well as it was an awful game and finished 0-0 with QPR missing two open goals

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Hereford, 1997 - might mean something to some of you.......!

Couldn't get a ticket, but went anyway, and spent the whole game walking round the ground listening to the local BBC commentary.

At one point, some Hereford hoofer boots a clearance way up into the air. I hear the commentator say, "and that's going way over the top of the stand", at which point I look up and see the ball coming straight towards me.

It bounces once, in the middle of the road outside the ground, then I catch it.

In that split second, I think "Fantastic, what a brilliant memento of the match", but then I look up, and see a copper staring straight at me...!

So I reluctantly decide that it's probably best to lob the ball, Schmeichel-style, back across the road. Which is what I did.

A true story. I kid you not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here