Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

away attendance

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I must admit, it seems a bit churlish to laugh at the home support when:
a) they had 22,000 for a televised match featuring two bottom five clubs.
b) our own home support is a bit shit (even if in current circumstances, that is understandable to an extent)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I must admit, it seems a bit churlish to laugh at the home support when:
a) they had 22,000 for a televised match featuring two bottom five clubs.
b) our own home support is a bit shit (even if in current circumstances, that is understandable to an extent)

agreed - would we have sold out falmer in the same circumstances? very much doubt it

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Have to say, for a large proportion of the game the Soton fans were the louder (on the telly)... Best home crowd I've heard for ages!
Bull shit, there is no way they out sung us, in fact, I don't remember one single chant from them all they did was bang the back of the stadium..:bla:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Still in shock that we managed to get away with 90 minutes of standing without even a word from the stewards. Well done them. Superb atmosphere

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Bull shit, there is no way they out sung us, in fact, I don't remember one single chant from them all they did was bang the back of the stadium..:bla:

i heard them once, with the witty and original "we can see you holding hands"

Crowd noise on TV can be a bit deceiving, it depends on which mic they decide to turn up. Usually it's the one closest to the home fans.

To put this to bed once and for all and to do credit to the fans at the game - without a shadow of doubt it WAS the Brighton fans who could be heard for the majority of the game.

As LB has mentioned - there were bouts from Saints 'fans' doing the usual gay stuff - but for the majority of the game and certainly for all but the last couple of minutes of the first half - it was ALL Brighton.

The commentary confirmed this with several mentions of the size and vocality of our fans who deserve a large :clap::clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here