Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Avram Grant.........Millwall Legend

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A Millwall supporting mate of mine at work told me last week to expect something like this. They are seriously looking forward to West Ham next season.

He text me earlier to say it flew over just as wigan equalised :laugh:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Wigan really need to give the stadium a lick of paint, that looks awful.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
He text me earlier to say it flew over just as wigan equalised :laugh:
They mentioned on the radio, seemed to appear shortly after Wigan equalised, they reckoned he must have been circling the area for ages :)

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
That is quality

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is that for real or Photoshopped, do we think?

Only asking because it would have been a bloody expensive stunt to pull, and if West Ham had won the game, a bit of a pointless one. If I was going to do something like that, I'd want to be damn sure the team it was aimed at were down and out (which they weren't until Wigan equalised on 71 minutes).

And I'd do it over Upton Park next week, not at some half empty Northern outpost a week before the season ends.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm, the BBC website appears to be reporting it as genuine, so perhaps it is.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Is that for real or Photoshopped, do we think?

Only asking because it would have been a bloody expensive stunt to pull, and if West Ham had won the game, a bit of a pointless one. If I was going to do something like that, I'd want to be damn sure the team it was aimed at were down and out (which they weren't until Wigan equalised on 71 minutes).

And I'd do it over Upton Park next week, not at some half empty Northern outpost a week before the season ends.

Tweets from journalists at the game would suggest genuine

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
As per my above post, a mate told me last week it was going to happen at the Wigan game, so yes, I do believe it was genuine. It was organised by people chipping in with dosh on one of their forums.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tweets from journalists at the game would suggest genuine

Yeah, so does the Millwall website in fact. Apparently they got lucky with the timing of it: was always planned to go over at 5:30, which just happened to be the time Wigan equalised :lol:

D

Deleted member 18477

haha love it. the championship is going to be so good next year. as good as the prem in my opinion (bit biased i know...)

the prem might have:
man u v man city
arsenal v spurs
liverpool v everton
newcastle v sunderland
birmingham derbies.

but we got:
brighton v palarse
millwall v west ham
portsmouth v southampton
cardiff v swans (depending on play offs)

i just love football...

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
I went was a cracking game best £23 entertainment in a long time and the banner was hilarious :)

D

Deleted member 18477

I went was a cracking game best £23 entertainment in a long time and the banner was hilarious :)

£23???? god i wish the south was as cheap!! i'd be bloody loaded! Brighton charged more than that per game this year!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
There must be something about northern grounds for this sort of piss-take!

Yes, I know this particular instance was directed at a southern club by another southern but this is the 3rd time one of these plane's have been used over northern stadiums and the second in a matter of weeks!!

Always funny though!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here