Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Average attendence.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
8th in the table, not bad at all.

Currently the 26th best-supported club in the country. We'll probably never again match the 12th we achieved twice in the late 70s/early 80s, but will be interesting to see where we come next year with the increased capacity.

I think the record average for the club is around the 25,500 mark. Could we top that?

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover

Currently the 26th best-supported club in the country. We'll probably never again match the 12th we achieved twice in the late 70s/early 80s, but will be interesting to see where we come next year with the increased capacity.

I think the record average for the club is around the 25,500 mark. Could we top that?

Another 4,000 season ticket holders (+the extra away fans?) a couple of decent players, keeping Vicente and a season like this season and I don't see why not!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
must be some sort of misreporting somewhere

The capacity of Carrow Road is 27,033, not the 26,034 reported.

Our record attendance was 36,747 vs Fulham in the 50's.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
With the increased capacity and if. as many do, we counted tickets sold as opposed to people attending, we would easily exceed our previous record.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

that "12th" stat is a brilliant one I haven't heard before... I was surprised at how few clubs average more than, say, 28,000... when we get to that sort of level (as we will in the Premier League and close to when at top of Championship) then we'll be well up the list again...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Our record attendance was 36,747 vs Fulham in the 50's.

I know - I meant record AVERAGE home attendance.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
that "12th" stat is a brilliant one I haven't heard before... I was surprised at how few clubs average more than, say, 28,000... when we get to that sort of level (as we will in the Premier League and close to when at top of Championship) then we'll be well up the list again...

I think it was the 77/78 and 79/80 seasons we achieved that, the first one being in the equivalent of the Championship. We had a higher average attendance than teams such as Everton and Sunderland.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
So pleased we broke the 20K mark, a little downside was we never had capacity or close to at some games,but a pat on the back for everyone-

Officially our 6th best supported season..

England historical attendance and performance

Stadiums are not able to hit 100% capacity now because of safety reasons - a certain number of seats have to remain unsold at every game to account for emergencies.

Altho when we were at Withdean and expanded it, officially our capacity was at the old level rather than the expanded number so we were accommodating 113% of capacity!!!! Which is of course, impossible

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I think it was the 77/78 and 79/80 seasons we achieved that, the first one being in the equivalent of the Championship. We had a higher average attendance than teams such as Everton and Sunderland.

79-80 was a big drop in average attendance becaise of the hikes in prices....... The Goldstone was the most expensive ground in Div 1 to watch from the terraces - a princely £1.50!!!

Head in the sand stuff from the Nigels! If anything we will increase our average attendance next year as the extra seats go in and if we mount a serious challenge as expected, Palace I imagine will see their pitiful sweaty minge of a stadium lose more visitors and I can see their average slipping towards the 12-13000 mark.

Their true average is already this - remember the no marks count non attending season ticket holders as being present.

Their lowest league attendance this season was "officially" given as about 11,800 (woeful) but it was later confirmed to be actually below 10k. So it is not unreasonable to surmise that their attendances are inflated by about 1.5k - 2k each game.

And to think Murray called them a "massive" club:tosser:

James90

Apr 14, 2012
Next year will probably be a lower % but be able to gain bigger attendances for the bigger games! Should get over 20k each game next year if we do as well as this season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here