Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Automatic promotion

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I'ts been a slow day so I've looked into the run ins of all the teams pushing for promotion and I feel there is still a great chance to sneak a automatic place. Our run in looks like the 2nd easiest (behind Bournemouth ) and the current top 3 have a tough set of fixtures. We've hit form at just the right time and making up 9 points is still a realistic but ambitous target.

The run ins include:

Bristol City

Vale A
QPR H
Swindon A
Plymouth H
Luton A
Brighton H
Barnsley A

Plymouth:

Luton A
Wrexham H
Barnsley A
Bristol City A
QPR H
Hartlepool A

QPR:

Luton H
Bristol City A
Barnsley A
Plymouth A
Swindon H

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I tried to sell this idea yesterday and the laughter has only just died down :(

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It would be very tight and i reckon we'd have to win at least 8 of our remaining games. Not impossible though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
It would be very tight and i reckon we'd have to win at least 8 of our remaining games. Not impossible though.

So for a bonus point, when was the last time Albion won 12 and drew 3 of their last 15 matches? ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:
So for a bonus point, when was the last time Albion won 12 and drew 3 of their last 15 matches? ???

The end of the season following two consecutive championships and a narrow relegation.

Well that's what the history books will show anyway :clap2: :clap2: :dunce:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Simster said:

1987/1988 (again)

Won 8
Drew 3
Lost 1

We managed to beat Walsall at home then lost at Rotherham (who were relegated at the end of that season), we then drew at home to Grimsby (also relegated) and at Brentford (mid-table). The run really kicked in after the victory at Notts County, we also relied heavily on Notts and Walsall cocking up in important games. I think Bristol City and QPR just have too much quality to see that happening this time.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Said this last week ... I still think we could do it if we take heart from the Cheaterfield result and take 9 points from Blackpool, Sheff Wed and Wrexham .... also reckon we could do something at Bristol City

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Blimey Bristol City & QPR do have tough run ins, still I dont think we can get Auto so a helping hand from those against our play off rivals wont go amiss!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And of course in any case that was "only" 27 points from our last 12, not the 39 from the last 15 which I'm talking about.

There is more chance of Leyton Orient getting a 10,000 crowd this season than there is of us getting 39 from our last 15.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
14 points out of a possible 18 is a great start to the final third of our season. If we can keep it up and go to Bristol in fine form we can make it very close at least.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I don't see automatic promotion as such a laughable idea! It would be more a of a long shot if it weren't for the fact that a lot of the top teams are playing each other! Win lose or draw Brighton can only win!

Especially if we can beat Bristol away! most interesting. I think we'll finish third behind QPR though.

Plymouth
QPR
Brighton
Bristol
Swindon
Luton

That's how I see it finishing. Again if it weren't for the top of the table clashes. I'd have us lower. Who ever wins at Bristol will finish third I reckon. But whoever wins will have a shot at automatic.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Simster said:
Lammy, I'll bet you 20 pee :dunce: that we don't finish within 3 points of the top 2.

Let's make it a :drink:

So if we finish 3pts (or fewer) from the automatic places I win. If it's 4 (or more), you win.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here