Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Automatic Promotion

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Don't real care,but think Southampton have left themselves too much to do & Bournemouth will run out of gas.so I think Huddersfield will finish 2nd.

Sheffield Weds and Huddersfield (and SCC) fans have all said the same about us. Bournemouth have surprised me since their change of manager. I think most of us expected them to drop down the league a few places but they're proving themselves to be a good side that, so far, appears to have staying power. I hope they remain in 2nd place until the end of the season with a total outsider winning the playoffs.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I got a bit nervous last night when Glenn overextended his leg at one point. He got up gingerly and held his groin once or twice thereafter. He and the bench had an extanded sign-language discussion.

If Glenn got injured by one of the many tackles from behind he receives, I would not be so confident. Wood and Barnes up front alone would be far weaker than when Glenn links them all together.

jamesp

Feb 23, 2011
Penrith Cumbria
Gus will keep them grounded and we ll go up!!! The question for the future is..............despite beating Championship opposition in the cup how will the squad measure up against the teams in the Championship and how much is the Chairman tucking away for Gus to spend???? Got to improve despite killing teams in League 1!!!!!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
While I don't want to tempt fate, it is looking more and more likely that we will take the title this year, with the teams around us all helping the cause :lol:

2nd-5th place, once games in hand are evened out, are almost equal on points - so who does everyone think will (hopefully) be second behind us?

Bournemouth have been good all season but having played more games than everyone else, they could easily be caught.

Huddersfield seem to be sometimes formidable, other times distinctly average. They should have been promoted this year with their squad, but for some reason have failed to mount a real challenge so far.

Southampton should have probably walked this league, but have not pulled forward and seem to struggle without Lallana. Now he's back, will they put some wins together and get 2nd? They also have a very congested April.

Peterborough have put a run of points together and seem to be hitting some form. They have the most prolific strike force in the league - but also one of the leakiest defences in the top half. Will they pull together to get the other auto spot?

Thoughts? Any outside challengers?

On a previous thread before Xmas, I tipped Albion and Huddersfield plus I think Bomo and Charlton in the playoffs. I'll stick to that.

Mind you I did pick Bees (out of loyalty) for a play-off place and - ermmm. (cringe) - Swinedon.:facepalm:

Change that to Peterborough and Orient (Cum on Feel the Noize) as an outsider.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
It's an extraordinary league: nobody but us seems to really want to it. All our fellow promotion contenders seem to drop points consistently (last night being a case in point). What will be deliciously intriguing is when we do secure our elevation (touchwood): will it be before Southampton or before Huddersfield. Because I can see us going into `don't give a stuff` mode and that could impact on who accompanies us on the upward journey.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, it's going to be a right SNORE-FEST between now and the end of the season. All we've got to look forward to are a succession of heavy victories at home against the cannon-fodder teams in this division, and by the time we play the decent ones (well, semi-decent ones) we'll have the whole thing wrapped up. This isn't helped by the fact that all the other teams in this division are so shit that none of them are capable of putting a decent run together to challenge us - they've all had chances to cut our lead at the top and they've all blown them. I expected better things from Southampton but the truth is they're a poor side; the Wilkins team that finished 7th would win this division, let alone the Gustastic side we've got now.

Hopefully we'll lose against MK Dons and that'll make it a bit more interesting for everybody.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here