Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australian Signing???

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I'm over here in Sydney at the moment, and I'm sure I heard he was the only player in Sydney FC's squad to be called up to the Soccerroos for some forthcoming tournament (I think that was him anyway). I've only been over here for a month now, but Sydney have been shit this year by all accounts...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Shannon Cole
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Shannon Cole

Personal information
Full name Shannon Cole
Date of birth
Place of birth Australia
Height 1.82 m (5 ft 11+1⁄2 in)
Playing position Left Back, Left Winger
Club information
Current club Sydney FC
Number 12
Senior career1
Years Club App (Gls)*

2008–present APIA Leichhardt
Dulwich Hill
Rockdale City Suns
Parramatta Eagles
Waitakere United
Maccabi Netanya
Sydney Olympic
Sydney FC

20 (3)
1 Senior club appearances and goals
counted for the domestic league only and
correct as of 29 November 2008.
* Appearances (Goals)

Shannon Cole is a midfielder who currently plays in the Australian football (soccer) A-League for Sydney FC.

[edit] Club career
On August 15, 2008 he was signed by Sydney FC on a two year contract from Sydney Olympic.[1] Chosen mainly because of his ability to play at left and right back or midfield. [2] On the 23rd of August 2008, Cole scored a brilliant free kick against Central Coast Mariners that curled over the wall into the bottom corner to put Sydney in the lead 3-2. This proved to be the winning goal. Another goal the next week against Western team Perth Glory cemented his position in the team. He has recently been called up to the Australian national team.

In December he scored his third goal for Sydney in their 3-2 loss to Melbourne Victory. His goal was the first of the match, just less than 30 seconds into the game.

It is currently reported that English League One club, Brighton & Hove Albion have approached Sydney FC with a view of taking Shannon on loan until the end of the current English League season. [3]

pretty much the only shining light in another wise embarrassing season for Sydney FC.

decent full back. not bad set pieces. cant imagine him going to us perm, but if we can get him until the end of the season, might be alright.

here is his goal against us earlier in the season. YouTube - Melbourne Victory v Sydney FC 1st half 27 - Dec - 2008

just made the 'locally based' squad for Oz's first Asian Cup Qualifier v Indonesia on weds night. might get a game, too.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
great goal and I'm really beginning to like this "bloke" already and all the signs are good and a loan until the end of our season sounds a good bet ..............and maybe if he is as good as he looks we might be able to persuade him to stay.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The club has been totally silent on this and if he's palying on Weds night was seemingly not with us Monday. Doesn't sound great...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here