Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australian Prime Minister bans cricket tour of Zimbabwe

C.Gull

Jan 29, 2007
The more I hear of Howard the better,we need a clone of him, whatever party he stood for would walk the next election.
No wonder so many of our younger citizens are leaving these shores for Australia.
I visited Oz last year it was great,weather,food drink first rate and I did not hear the term PC mentioned once.
Sorry I seem to have caused a stampede

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Meade's_Ball said:
Isn't Howard the fucker who wouldn't allow a ship of desperate, mostly Iraqi refugees to land on his shores, take a nationalistic moral high-point, despite the fact that Australia was only invaded and stolen by white bigots in the last couple of hundred years?

It's good that Mugabe is shown to be unsupported and an evil global figure, but lets not start praising that bull-headed bigot too highly.
Or, lets not have me do that.

Well said that man. :clap:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Meade's_Ball said:
Isn't Howard the fucker who wouldn't allow a ship of desperate, mostly Iraqi refugees to land on his shores, take a nationalistic moral high-point, despite the fact that Australia was only invaded and stolen by white bigots in the last couple of hundred years?

It's good that Mugabe is shown to be unsupported and an evil global figure, but lets not start praising that bull-headed bigot too highly.
Or, lets not have me do that.

They weren't mostly Iraqui, heap of pakistanis on there claiming they were something else, that's why they tore up all their passports before they got picked up.

They can f*** off for all i care, if all they wanted was to get out of their own nation then there's a hell of alot of other places closer for them to go than here.

They aren't poor down trodden refugees, if they were they wouldn't have had the $$$ to pay for a place on the illegal boat passage they chose.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Tyrone Biggums said:
They weren't mostly Iraqui, heap of pakistanis on there claiming they were something else, that's why they tore up all their passports before they got picked up.

They can f*** off for all i care, if all they wanted was to get out of their own nation then there's a hell of alot of other places closer for them to go than here.

They aren't poor down trodden refugees, if they were they wouldn't have had the $$$ to pay for a place on the illegal boat passage they chose.

Exactly - people over here don't seem to have gotten the whole of the story...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Nsc jumping to conclusions? Never.

:jester:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Watching the news tonight again highlighted the f***ing disgrace that the Zimbabwe problem has become.

Now people who didn't vote for Mugabe in Bulawayo (in those 'free and fair elections') are not even getting decent water to drink.

I realise the ITV report was biased towards the opposition party there, but the country is is complete meltdown, massive hyper inflation, no food in the shops, no jobsand still South Africa keeps her mouth shut.

All in a Country that used to be called the bread basket of Africa.

'bout time this was sorted. Aren't the Yanks supposed to get rid of Dictators like this.? Oh yeah, no Oil.

I think the Eu and SA should be ashamed by the lack of action against this regime.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I think the Eu and SA should be ashamed by the lack of action against this regime.

So, what sort of action should be taken against Zimbabwe? The same sort that was taken in Iraq, East Timor, Afghanistan, Somalia and so on ad infinitum? Or the sort of sanctions espoused by the Guardian whereby everyone that DOESN'T need it has enough food to eat, water to drink etc?

If you can come up with a workable solution to the crisis in Zimbabwe I'm sure the United Nations would be more than happy to hear from you.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The two,go together,it's life. However Howard is right. :clap: Just remember this. Wait a year or so. B4 you read England have arranged to tour Zimbabwe. Thanks to 2 Sky T/V ? :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here