Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australian Grand Prix 2011

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
No mention of this yet :eek:

Hope the McLarens fast times today are genuine progress & not just running light & flattering to decieve.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm not convinced by their pace, as soon as it gets serious the Red Bulls always do the business. Who knows though, was amazing how quickly the tyres degraded in practice. I've got a feeling we could be in for a crazy season with the new rules making a big difference to overtaking. Not sure if that'll be good or not, we want to see overtaking but with Kers boosts, moveable wings and awful tyres it could just be bonkers and lack some legitimacy. On the other hand, locking up screws the tyres, so works against late braking overtakes and so on.

Not sure Hamiltons going to enjoy it this year, his natural style would kill the tyres. Unless he adapts Button could be the main man for them this year. Although people were saying that last year to be fair.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Also in glorious High Definition this year!!

I'm glad the McLarens had a decent pace in practice, but tomorrow will tell the true story! 5am :eek: This one is for the recording device :thumbsup:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Really looking forward to this season, hoping that McLaren are the business this year! Was also hoping Lotus would do something but not looking great for them again :(

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
I hope Massa can get back to his pre-accident best and start pushing that tosser Alonso a bit more at Ferrari.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
just watched the V8s race 1 from Melbourne, lots of rubber build up offline and the commentators mentioned the F1s having trouble with Turn 3...that is all

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Turkey, are you sure Red Bull 'always do the business'? They were run very hard to the end of last season and blew up through pressure the year before. Vettel was not top of the championship until he won it. Possibly four teams in the mix this year... take your choices between McLaren, Ferrari, Merc and champions Red Bull. I think there will be twists and changes all the way through as there was last season, with different chassis doing different jobs under specific weather and circuits. I'm sure it'll be enjoyable.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not sure Hamiltons going to enjoy it this year, his natural style would kill the tyres. Unless he adapts Button could be the main man for them this year. Although people were saying that last year to be fair.

though that was before people knew last years tyres could last longer than a set of P6000s on a VW Passat.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bloody awful thread title, no officials, no team news, too early, and where's the weather reports!! Jenson and Lewis may as well just park up in the pay and display now.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Turkey, are you sure Red Bull 'always do the business'? They were run very hard to the end of last season and blew up through pressure the year before. Vettel was not top of the championship until he won it. Possibly four teams in the mix this year... take your choices between McLaren, Ferrari, Merc and champions Red Bull. I think there will be twists and changes all the way through as there was last season, with different chassis doing different jobs under specific weather and circuits. I'm sure it'll be enjoyable.

Sorry I didn't mean in terms of the Championship, just when it comes to sticking in a fast lap for qualifying.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
just watched the V8s race 1 from Melbourne, lots of rubber build up offline and the commentators mentioned the F1s having trouble with Turn 3...that is all

Where can you watch this? They mentioned during second practice that it gets a huge following out there. When is race 2?

BTW, are you going to the touring cars at brands next week?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Same old, same old Q3. I see the Spanish Bank is now a big sponser of the Fiats as well as McyC's. ???

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Good to see Lewis on the front row and the Fiats struggling.

I have no problem with Red Bull and Vettel but it does piss me off that they play that Austrian dirge when the Red Bulls win. The only thing Milton Keynes have to be proud of and even that is taken away from them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Vettell's little philosophical moment at the end made me want to puke, come on Lewis, Jenson and Fernando!!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Ended up staying up for practice and qualy. Will be struggling through the game this afternoon!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Just finished watching, Vettel was phenomenal, can't see him being beaten tomorrow, but its great the Mclarens have separated the red Bulls on the grid. Should be an exciting race if Lewis and Jenson can get a flyer off the starting line. Superb visual quality in HD too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here