Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Augustin Battipiedi

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who / What comment are u reffering to chap?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My impression of him at Southampton was that he seemed a bit frail, a bit of work on the weights would really help him. I'm reasonably sure that his position would have been the one giving Gus most to think about prior to the match.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
he is just shit

nice thing to say about an albion player. i have seen him come off the bench a few times and against peterbourough and brentford he looked really good. maybe we should let players have more than 3 or 4 games before we write them off as being "shit". usally people like you who say these things dont really know alot about what makes a good player. would he not be shit if he wore white boots or scored a tap in?

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
Is not good enough yet. I'm not going to comment on his potential but at the moment, he is certainly a weak link. Smith in for saturday please Gus. And Murray in for Wood while you're at it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hasn't played well in the 3 games? Ye games we didn't win which U wouldn't put done to him....likewise played well wen com in on as sub in games we won...well I wouldn't put those wins down to him either. Smith looked good wen he came on as sub ....b interesting to c wot he wud hav been ilk if he had played 3 games on trot...maybe we will c this happen

It's a long season....and IMHO Bati will b a useful squad player.....pity Sparrow was out for the Saints game ...I think his experience wud hav served us well in the middle of the park

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Funnily enough myself and the good Granny Weatherwax discussed this at half-time on Tuesday and give it 6 months or so and he may well make it but at present far too light weight and easily muscled off the ball.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
some people seem to think he should be class straight away. i trust gus more than some of the twats on here.

So you're calling me a twat for my opinion - how very fair of you. How do you know Gus isn't doubting Batti's credentials after 3 poor performances (as most would agree)? I'll answer that for you - you don't.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
So you're calling me a twat for my opinion - how very fair of you. How do you know Gus isn't doubting Batti's credentials after 3 poor performances (as most would agree)? I'll answer that for you - you don't.

everyone can have a opinion, football is about opinions. but what i hate is when "fans" just call players shit.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
everyone can have a opinion, football is about opinions. but what i hate is when "fans" just call players shit.

And while we are at it - calling Sandaza s*** when he hasnt been even 50% fit yet, and only played about a couple of hours of football at most is bordering on the ridiculous... lets get him fit and then see how good he is shall we?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think batti & baz are trying a little too hard to impress and should settle down to doing the simple stuff 1st. I wouldn't write them off yet.

It's a bit similar to Barney Davies eyt look how well he is playing now. OK, it's a league below but he's scoring some class goals.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I love it when all you football 'experts' come up with such gems as 'he's shit'.

The crap Navarro copped on here was frankly ridiculous. Then a few weeks later everyone's licking his balls saying what a legend he is.

El-Abd was absolutely crucified by some of the idiots on here too - look at the praise he gets now.

The rubbish I heard emanating from the South Stand at half-time during the Bristol Rovers game was embarrassing. Ten minutes later the same people are singing 'Gus Poyet's blue and white army'.

The fickleness is incredible.

Batti had a poor game on Tuesday, but let's not write him off yet.

Gus knows what he's doing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm sorry but Navarro WAS dreadfully out of shape when he first came and he has even ADMITTED this since, so you are talking balderdash.

Also that's just how it works. A player plays badly, they get slated. They play well, they get praised. Simple really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here