Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

August 9th 2008

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What standard would we be looking at if we went to Scotland.

1 game against Div 3 or 2 to score some goals.
1 game against us Div 1 to have a competetive game
1 game against a Prem side to put us under presure.

Perhaps the delay is due to Barry Lloyd sorting something out on his trips to Scandinavia

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Seeing Pride is a week earlier 2nd Aug we at least have the chance of a home game to start with.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
What standard would we be looking at if we went to Scotland.

1 game against Div 3 or 2 to score some goals.
1 game against us Div 1 to have a competetive game
1 game against a Prem side to put us under presure.

Perhaps the delay is due to Barry Lloyd sorting something out on his trips to Scandinavia

Why would Lloyd be having any say or input in where we are playing our pre-season games. Last time I checked he was Chief Scout and lucky had nothing to do with decisions regarding tactics, games etc.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Pre-season games are always about preperation for the new season, I don't see the point of beating some amateur sunday leage club by double figures to help 'confidence'. Nor playing a glamour game against a decent Prem side when you'll be chasing shadows for 90 minutes.

We should be looking at clubs of a similar standard to who we will play in the regulart season, a trip to Scotland to play some Div 1/lower Prem clubs would fit the bill perfectly.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Just to refresh my memory, what happened in Ireland?

We went there one time, had a fantastic trip by all accounts (wasn't there), main game was against Galway United. We then went the next year which culminated in a dirty game at Longford Town which was abandoned halfway through.

Just done a quick google on the interwebby thing and I can proudly announce:

AWAY TO LUTON ON SATURDAY 2nd AUGUST

Oh joy

:nono:

if that's true, then it seems worthing and albion have same person getting friendlies

so expect wenger down at withdean with arsenal for harty's testimonial :D

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why would Lloyd be having any say or input in where we are playing our pre-season games. .

i suppose the suggestion is that as he is on the ground he could have been asked to arrange some fixtures. could be good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here