Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aug 6th Absentees

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Away for 2 weeks from Fri 12th Aug. Going to miss Pompey away......SHIT.

Will be at Donny and more importantly, Palarse

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I banned all bookings of holidays in the summer of 2011 a long time ago. Once fixtures out we have now planned some time away in between games.

As the O/P says, missing this game because of a family holiday or wedding is the lamest thing ever.

I banned all bookings of holidays in the summer of 2011 a long time ago. Once fixtures out we have now planned some time away in between games.

As the O/P says, missing this game because of a family holiday or wedding is the lamest thing ever.

I must be very lame then.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm praying that I get a ticket for the Donny game, as the alternative is the Indian Queens half marathon on the Sunday...... :ohmy:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The family holiday starts on 6th August. Wife, kids, friends flying to France in the afternoon. I take the overnight ferry from Portsmouth in the evening!

Bravo sir :clap:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Inexcusably booked a family holiday to Italy months ago with flight times that get us back to Gatwick the evening of the 6th. Completely stupid, couldn’t believe it when I realised! Luckily I have an amazing wife, and with her kind agreement I have booked an early flight home in order to be there…just.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have one friend who is flying in from Australia, staying over for a couple of days, then flying back.

Respect!

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
THANK GOD, for this thread I nearly booked a holiday for the last week of September, i would have missed the Palace game!!, im switching that bad boy to either the second to last week of September (dont mind missing the Leeds game) or even the first week of October.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Dubai - 5th August
AMEX - 6th August
Dubai - 7th August

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I'm a devastated supporter going to miss the Donnie game. My missus's brother is getting married at 2pm on 6th August and he nominated me as an usher. Fought my corner for quite a few months but the pressure of the in laws wasn't worth the hassle in the end!! Choice was simples - divorce or Donnie? On reflection, now where the hell have I put the tel number for my Lawyer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here