Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

attn of northstandnorth

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It may have escaped your notice but I have supported Brighton through thick and thin for the past 58 years and only want what I consider to be in the best interests of BHA, this may not be the same as everybody else but it is my view, which I am entitled to.

I believe that the AMS is good in principal in that regular away supporters get the opportunity to buy tickets for prestige or important away games.

What I disagree with is the idea that having paid your £10 as a one off payment this keeps you on the list for a lifetime and gives 'fair weather' supporters the same opportunity as regulars.

As pointed out on Ask the Club I spoke to a'fan' on the train to Victoria on the way to Spurs who had only ever seen Brighton play once and that was at The Millenium he normally went to watch a local park sideand then only if he was walking the dog.

Is this fair. I do not think so.

By re registering each season it would be CURRENT supporters who would get the opportunity to buy tuckets.

Is there anything wrong in that? Would most of the AMS members object to paying a token season admin charge of £5 to cover expenses. I do not think so.

What is your gripe?

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
calm down you silly sod!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
dave the gaffer said:
calm down you silly sod!

As you know we have had our disagreements on here and in your eyes I am and always will be an Archer Stanley supporter despite the fact that I have neither seen spoken to or been in contact with Stanley for the past 18 years or thereabouts but I hope that you realise that I want what I consider is best for the club and on this occassion I have put forawrd what I consider to be a sensible suggestion as to the way AMS should go and then have some p..t slag me off on Ask the Club.

I shall calm down and have a beer!

I'm not convinced that annual registration would have the effect of ensuring that people who have only been to the Millennium Stadium wouldn't end up with a ticket for Spurs.

For starters, buying a ticket for the play-off final didn't get anyone into the AMS scheme.

Secondly, there are a lot of people who buy tickets on behalf of friends. I was asked if I could get a Spurs ticket for a very good mate who wasn't an AMS member or a Season Ticket Holder and I might have done so if a "spare" AMS entitlement had been available (eg if my son or daughter hadn't been going). As it happens, my mate ended up not going to Spurs (although he's now bought a season ticket for the second half of the season).

I'm not sure that the work involved in changing the whole AMS system (and operating it on an annual basis) is worth the effort, given that there are VERY few matches where ticket availability is a problem.

If I was the Club, I'd probably introduce a new rule for certain designated away matches (eg FA Cup games played within 100 miles of Brighton, or fifth round games & later) which gave priority to STHs and people who have bought a minimum number of away tickets through the Club Shop earlier in the season. The important thing would be to ANNOUNCE this arrangement before the start of the season, and not wait until after the Cup draw was made. It could also apply - provisionally - to the last away game of the season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Barnet Seagull said:
Prioritising tickets for away games isn't directly in the best interests of the club.

Whilst I agree with you that 1st come 1st served is probably better the sale of tickets for Tottenham showed that this wasnt so as it didnt operaste properly and the club are looking at other alternatives according to MP on SCR.

I would accept that my idea is not 100% and not fool proof at least it would be afirer than the existing AMS where many people on it may possibly have stopped going to matches or even died and somebody could use their name.

A person where my son works did just that used his grandads name who had stopped going to games due to ill health.

This person had NEVER seen Brighton play except on tele.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord B

I am sure that there being 15,000 AMS, we were told, is not an accurate figure of people who do or would attend games.

I do not have computer skills but I am sure that a renewal system whereby a person who doesnt pay his renewal is deleted from the list would not be too difficult or costly to administer.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BensGrandad said:
As you know we have had our disagreements on here and in your eyes I am and always will be an Archer Stanley supporter despite the fact that I have neither seen spoken to or been in contact with Stanley for the past 18 years or thereabouts but I hope that you realise that I want what I consider is best for the club and on this occassion I have put forawrd what I consider to be a sensible suggestion as to the way AMS should go and then have some p..t slag me off on Ask the Club.

I shall calm down and have a beer!

There you go again.

What you did or did not do in the past has no relevance here. ( or anywhere really - apart from the heretic that is Perseus)

What I was getting at is that there will always be people who will circumvent a ticketting policy one way or another.

i have suggested that in the future we have a points system based on home and away games attended. I know it is not foolproof, but other teams seem to get away with it.

IMHO, away fans are a vital part of our fan base, who give support to the club. Economically they are not of benefit to the club apart from buying kits etc etc. STH's are the lifeblood of the club and I would think that the club would find it extremely difficult to continue without having STH money "up front". As all accountants will tell you, having money up front is a double edged sword, in that you end up paying current or past debts off with future money...thereby getting into a cycle of debt ( a bit like Factoring your Sales Invoices)

What will be interesting will be once Falmer is approved in September 2015, will the club immediatly come out with a "offer" to supporters to buy ST's at Falmer straight away?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
dave the gaffer said:

i have suggested that in the future we have a points system based on home and away games attended. I know it is not foolproof, but other teams seem to get away with it.

I agree 100% but my beef is that the AMS as it is operated in no way reflects this.

If it was renewable each season with a nominal charge as per most social clubs etc annual subscriptions the onus would be placed on the individual to ensure that they have paid and the money received would go towards either the clubs general expenses or pay somebody to do the work required to update the AMS list.

As a STH I would be prepared to pay an extra £5 to become a member and be eligible for away tickets.
The club could isue renewal notices in the last few programmes, the club website even in The Argus and make it clear renewals must be in by 1st August any not received would be removed from the list.

5000 (estimate) renewals at £5 received during June and July very handy £25k for the club and no hardship to supporters.

Last edited:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
BensGrandad said:

By re registering each season it would be CURRENT supporters who would get the opportunity to buy tuckets.

Is there anything wrong in that? Would most of the AMS members object to paying a token season admin charge of £5 to cover expenses. I do not think so.

What is your gripe?

A very valid point..... why not introduce a re-register system for each year.?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
BensGrandad said:

What is your gripe?

my gripe is where do i get these tuckets from ???

BensGrandad said:
As a STH I would be prepared to pay an extra £5 to become a member and be eligible for away tickets.
The club could isue renewal notices in the last few programmes, the club website even in The Argus and make it clear renewals must be in by 1st August any not received would be removed from the list.

5000 (estimate) renewals at £5 received during June and July very handy £25k for the club and no hardship to supporters.
But it's much more efficient to add £5 to the (discounted) price of a season ticket and admit every STH automatically into the AMS.

And who's to say that's not what they've done already?

The extra admin from processing forms would be a bloody nuisance from the point of view of individual supporters and (at 3 minutes an application) could add 250 working hours to the burden on the ticket office staff.

And I bet it WOULDN'T stop the whinging from some quarters if we ever again played Spurs at WHL:- "I know someone who got a ticket off a friend and he's NEVER been to an Albion match before".

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This 250 hours would be out of season so other than season ticket renewals a quiet time for the ticket office bearing mind the ST renewals usually come out in February.

It may not stop the whingeing but at least everybody would know exactly where they stand.

Incidentally I got tickets for Spurs so it didn't directly affect me although it did my sons.

Last edited:

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
god does he ever stop f***ing moaning

how much longer will he keep on whining.HE GOT A f***ing TICKET FOR SPURS,THE ONLY AWAY GAME HE HAS BEEN TO(CARDIFF PLAYOFF EXCLUDED)SINCE 1947.AND HE STILL GOES ON ABOUT "A FAN WHO HAS BEEN TO ONE GAME"BOLLOX.

as bracknell and the insider keeps saying joing the ams WAS NOT A PREREQUISITE NOR A BONUS OR SIDE EFFECT OF POSSESING A CARDIFF TICKET.
YOU DID NOT HAVE TO JOIN THE AMS TO GET A TICKET
YOU DID NOT GET FREE MEMBERSHIP NOR WERE YOU AUTOMATICALLY MADE A MEMBER.

THIS "FAN"IF HE REALLY EXISTED AND IS NOT A FIGMENT OF BENS GRANDAD'S IMAGINATION PROBABLY GOT HIS FROM A SEASON TICKET HOLDER WHO DID NOT WANT A TICKET.

bens grandad got a spurs ticket
i didn't
WHY IS HE SO BITTER AND TWISTED?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: god does he ever stop f***ing moaning

northstandnorth said:
THIS "FAN"IF HE REALLY EXISTED AND IS NOT A FIGMENT OF BENS GRANDAD'S IMAGINATION PROBABLY GOT HIS FROM A SEASON TICKET HOLDER WHO DID NOT WANT A TICKET.

bens grandad got a spurs ticket
i didn't
WHY IS HE SO BITTER AND TWISTED?

Wrong it was in the name of somebody who has stopped going to matches due to ill health. Which proves my point about the AMS not being efficient. I m not bitter and twisted about me not getting a Spurs ticket but speaking for the supporters who didnt get one. Any that I have applied for I have fortunately always got.

As you seem to know me so well and are so well informed just for your information.
In the entire Premier/Football:

3 teams I have not seen BHA play away to are Wigan Ath, Rushden & Diamonds & Boston Utd (hopefully wont see the last 2 for some years).
9 teamsI have not seen at their new ground but saw them at their old ground.
4 teams that I have seen at old and new grounds.
12 teams in the Conference that I have seen us play in a league or cup game.

Not too bad for a supporter who hasnt seen to an away game since 1947!! but went to his first away game on his own during 1950s playing hooky from school with his mate and bunking the train travelling up to a cup replay at The Den against Millwall. I think but am not exactly sure it was about 1954/5. I know we lost I think it was 2 - 0.

I thought, but perhaps I am wrong, that the idea of this board was to air a view which I have done and also written to the club with my views of how the away ticket allocation should be changed making it fairer for ALL supporters to see their team.

How the club decide to ensure that similar does not happen in future i.e Rotherham away later this season is obviously up to them we can only suggest ways.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"teams I have not seen BHA play away to are Wigan Ath, Rushden & Diamonds & Boston Utd (hopefully wont see the last 2 for some years).
9 teamsI have not seen at their new ground but saw them at their old ground.
4 teams that I have seen at old and new grounds.
12 teams in the Conference that I have seen us play in a league or cup game."

Bloody part time supporter!
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
dave the gaffer said:
[B
Bloody part time supporter!
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: [/B]

Two things I get really irate about is the fact that people wont let the Archer Stanley thing drop but then again that is probably my own fault so I have to accept it and the other is that I do not support BHA which is total bollox.

My hope before I go to the football teams in the sky or down below wherever is that we are in the same position as Charlton are now. New ground 7th in Premier League.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BensGrandad said:

Would most of the AMS members object to paying a token season admin charge of £5 to cover expenses. I do not think so.

What is your gripe?
Or say that you have to be registered on the clubs database as having attended at least one game in a season for it to be renewed for the next.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here