Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ATTN Brighton fans in the North-east

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
As I think the only regular NSC poster from the North East I have PMd .... now I think we should be told!!!!
:lolol:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
HISTORIC CHOICE FOR NORTH EAST VOTERS
OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER News Release (NE/487/04) issued by the Government News Network on 9 September 2004
Voters in the North East are just eight weeks away from making a decision that may change the way their region is governed and could improve the quality of life for everyone living in the region.
As referendum day (November 4) approaches, the Deputy Prime Minister will today and tomorrow round off the Government's Your Say information campaign with a tour of the North East.
Mr Prescott said:
"I am pleased to be coming back to the North East for this very special tour - the final one before we end our information campaign. For me this is an exciting time. It is now just a few weeks before the people of the North East face a historic opportunity at the referendum - something I have campaigned for thirty years to see".
The Government's campaign is ending now ahead of the Electoral Commission's decision about the official yes and no campaigns later this month.
Since November last year when the campaign was launched the DPM and other Ministers have frequently visited the region to raise awareness about elected regional assemblies and to encourage people to have their say at the referendum on November 4. In the North East, ODPM research suggests that awareness levels have risen from 35% in October 2003 to 50% in July 2004.
The work to inform voters has taken many guises over the last 10 months. From public debates and the launch of the advertising campaign to referendum cakes, Your Say floral displays and a Your Say Great Northern train tour - voters have been able to hear about what an elected regional assembly would mean to them in all sorts of different ways.
In addition to the visits, a number of publications have been produced to help voters understand the powers of an elected assembly and recently every household in the North East received a leaflet that also discussed the impact of local government reorganisation.
The varied final Your Say tour takes in different parts of the region, visits rural and urban areas and aims to reflect the issues an elected regional assembly would impact on if one was established in the North East such as tourism, culture, economic development and transport.
Looking ahead to his visit, Mr Prescott added:
"Over the past year the devolution debate had really taken off across the North. Thanks to the Your Say campaign people have been hearing the facts and making up their own minds.
"It is now time though for the information campaign to draw to a close and for the yes and no campaign organisations to take over. The Your Say campaign has played a vital role in order to raise awareness and explain the policy - now it is time for the voters to make their minds up. The next few weeks are the time to make a decision whether you will vote yes or no in the referendum".
The visit begins today (Thursday) when the Deputy Prime Minister visits Sunderland's Glass Centre where he will be presented with a unique Your Say glass bowl to commemorate his visit. At the Centre he will also see a demonstration of the glass-making process.
From the quayside the water theme continues with a dusk river cruise down the Tyne with key stakeholders from the region. The boat will travel from the Newcastle Quayside under the famous seven bridges on that section of the River Tyne.
The tour of the region continues on Friday with a visit to the Roman Fort in picturesque Corbridge where he will view the English Heritage site and meet local school children enjoying an educational talk from 'Jefficus' the Roman soldier.
From Corbridge the Deputy Prime Minister will then visit the Transporter Bridge in Middlesbrough before heading to a public debate in the evening hosted by the Middlesbrough Evening Gazette and Tyne Tees Television at the Innovations Lecture Theatre at Teeside University.
After the Your Say campaign finishes on Friday, the next milestone will be the decision on the official yes and no campaigns in the North East. The Electoral Commission is expected to make that decision by 17 September. The ballot papers for the all-postal ballot will start being delivered to voters from 13 October so they can make their choice by 4 November.
The Deputy Prime Minister added:
"Choice has always been at the heart of this policy - in my view the best choice for jobs, the best choice for growth and the best choice for the North East - I hope the people of the North East recognise this fantastic opportunity. It is not for me to decide though. The choice is yours. It's your say. It's your choice. It's your future."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here