Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attila's assault on the charts

Patcham BHA

Jul 27, 2004
There is talk of Attila teaming up with the former lead singer of local pop combo the Piranhas to do a cover of their famous chart-topper of yesteryear.
Oooh, I sounded a bit like a dj then, didn't I?

All proceeds to go the Albion - in the shops just after Christmas when record sales will be at their lowest and therefore it only requires about 8 people to buy a single to get it into the charts.

You heard it here first.:ohmy:

Patcham BHA

Jul 27, 2004
Bob Grover - that's it. Couldn't remember his name. Spends a lot of time up the Grays or the Geese in Hanover.
I apologise if this is old news, couldn't be arsed to trawl through all the old posts.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bob was talking about doing something again a couple of years back (I used to serve him up at the greys, he's not in there much nowadays though).

In fairness, Patcham BHA, this is the first time I've seen anything mentioned on NSC.

Attila turned up at the meeting held in the Evening Star a few weeks back to discuss fundraising ideas. He had loads of them and something along these lines did get a mention. But we also talked about jumble sales, sponsored walks, getting Paul McCartney do give us £100 million, and bucket collections.

Patcham BHA

Jul 27, 2004
It's probably not as daft an idea as it may sound. If any copyright issues could be overcome the initial outlay would be minimal and bearing in mind that the club are pretty good at keeping a high media profile, publicity wouldn't be hard to come by either.

I've just got this worrying image of Attila cavorting on the Top of the Pops stage complete with Trotsky cap and too-tight denims.

Hmmm...

What were you saying about a jumble sale, Lord Bracknell?

:ohmy:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Patcham BHA said:
Bob Grover - that's it. Couldn't remember his name. Spends a lot of time up the Grays or the Geese in Hanover.
I apologise if this is old news, couldn't be arsed to trawl through all the old posts.

what are the band members up to now?
was the line up
"Boring" Bob Grover
Johnny Helmer
Zoot Aloors
Reginald Fredrick Hornsbury
Dick Slexia

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Auditor said:
Johnny Helmer was on guess the celeb on the never mind the buzzcocks last night

I met Johnny at an industry conference a few years back. It was quite a shock to seem him as a respectable marketing person.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
When Eric Prydz was number one the other week, it was with the lowest ever number of sales needed to be number one – something like 20,000 I think. If every Albion fan bought a couple of copies of an Attila/Piranhas song, it could be possible to get it into the Top Ten.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good god even the " Thats Zamora " cd sold something like 1500 -2000 I think so that would have made the top 30 of today's charts. Frightening isn't it !.

bhafc99 said:
When Eric Prydz was number one the other week, it was with the lowest ever number of sales needed to be number one – something like 20,000 I think. If every Albion fan bought a couple of copies of an Attila/Piranhas song, it could be possible to get it into the Top Ten.
Not in the run-up to Christmas, though.

Although it would probably impress Prescott if we could pull it off.

:lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What would have to happen is for there to be a concerted push so everybody bought it in the same week, preferably the first week of release and for it to get a shit load of promotion from southern counties and alike.

Patcham BHA

Jul 27, 2004
I actually think if we could get the song recorded and out there, national sales could be pretty good. It's still a hugely popular and familiar tune and it would also have great novelty value. If SKINT really pushed it, I seriously reckon it could make a bit of a stir.

Could we persuade Attila to follow the trend recently set by the Darkness and sport a spandex cat-suit unzipped to the navel?
Oh dear, I'm off again...

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Is that you, Mr. Lindfield? Didn't know you posted on NSC!

Anyway, this concept has got legs since I last heard of it, which was in the PA box on Saturday and very tongue in cheek.....

What I AM going to do is TRY to persuade Bob Grover of the Piranhas to come and do a version of 'Tom Hark' at the Live and Kicking gig planned for early next year at the Concorde. Since it is a Brighton song by a Brighton band, though used by all and sundry these days, that is only fitting. He is very reclusive these days, but I am going to try.
(Also trying to get the Levellers for that gig, Peter & the Test Tubes are definitely up for it too)

And I'm doing my sponsored 10 and a half hour gig from 12 noon til 10.30 pm at the Evening Star on Sunday 28th November. I've already got nearly £200 from
people at my gigs who aren't Albion fans and have loads more gigs including our Joe Strummer tribute before then to get more sponsors so it's looking good.

Local publicity for the sponsored gig, here and elsewhere, will start in earnest in a week or so. And as well as an 'Albion Hour' of Albion poetry I'm going to do a requests hour where people can sponsor me to read out their favourite prose or poems (within reason, I'm not reading Thatcher's memoirs or Phil Collins' biog!)

Any attempt to storm the charts (it can be done, as my mate John Otway proved last year) takes an awful lot of co-ordination, major backing and about a year's preparation.....

Patcham BHA

Jul 27, 2004
FAO Attila - re Attila's assault on the charts

If I offer an extra £25, will Attila perform at least a section of the Evening Star epic gig in spandex?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here